Service Prior to Custom Revo Remap?

b0se

Reaction score
Hello there!

I used the search function and whatnot, but can't seem to find a direct answer.

This week I bought an A4 (B8 '11 Quattro 2.0TDI Black Ed - absolutely love it, always wanted an Audi) with 35K on the clock. It had its last service at 16K, and it's due a major service in 2K according to Audi.

I'm booked in to have a custom (rolling road) Revo Stage 1 (by Clive Atthowe, http://www.enginetuning.net, in Norwich) tomorrow, and wondered if it was best to have it serviced first.

Does it help to have clean/new filters and whatnot, or does that not effect the map?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm a novice in this area :¬)

For peace of mind I changed my oil and filter a few days after I had mine Revo'd.

Btw Revo maps aren't custom as such, settings such as boost, timing and fuelling are adjustable on the petrol models. Diesel's are a fixed map for each individual ecu type.

For peace of mind I changed my oil and filter a few days after I had mine Revo'd.

Btw Revo maps aren't custom as such, settings such as boost, timing and fuelling are adjustable on the petrol models. Diesel's are a fixed map for each individual ecu type.

Ah, had no idea, thanks Darren.

If it's going on the rolling road, I assume then that it's a custom map, nothing to do with Revo? I assumed the generic profile was used as a base.

Adding here incase it's useful to anyone in the future: service is unnecessary according to Clive Atthowe.

Just been on the dyno, the 170PS came in at 186-187bhp stock, which was a nice surprise. Fingers crossed for 220 :¬)

Hey Lee - yes indeed :¬)

Turns out the stock reading of 187bhp was incorrect (thought that was too good to be true!), it was actually 178.

Ended up going the Revo route (Stage 1) which increased torque by (approx.) 22% and bhp by (approx.) 28% throughout the 2K to 4K rev range. The figures drop a little bit from there onwards, but still a marked improvement.

Audi map

Very pleased indeed, she's much nippier while being just as smooth as before. With Quattro, it's a big jump up in performance and handling over my old 320ci.

RHP 20150209 180908 1165

Thanks for asking :¬)

Insurer is aware of the chip, I went with Chris Knott, highly recommended.

For your map did you have to do anything with DPF/EGR mate or had any issues with them?

Hey Lee - yes indeed :¬)

Turns out the stock reading of 187bhp was incorrect (thought that was too good to be true!), it was actually 178.

Ended up going the Revo route (Stage 1) which increased torque by (approx.) 22% and bhp by (approx.) 28% throughout the 2K to 4K rev range. The figures drop a little bit from there onwards, but still a marked improvement.

View attachment 50563

Very pleased indeed, she's much nippier while being just as smooth as before. With Quattro, it's a big jump up in performance and handling over my old 320ci.

View attachment 50564

Thanks for asking :¬)

Insurer is aware of the chip, I went with Chris Knott, highly recommended.

How did you get the car on a rolling road considering car is a Quattro? When I had mine done 2.0 tfsi I just had the map put on and road tested.

Lee - nope, and had no issues either.

Ian - I'm no expert, but I assume not all rolling roads are equal?

Lee - nope, and had no issues either.

Ian - I'm no expert, but I assume not all rolling roads are equal?

Just not sure how you test a quattro on a rolling road? As most only have one set of rollers??

This one had front/rear.