what cars can a3 2.0 tdi hybrid turbo owners beat or keep up with?

danny_evz

Reaction score
aslong as they can beat civic type r's ill b happy and go ahead an get more money towards one to many v tec owners my way think they run the streets haha

Doesn't a standard 170 tdi do ok against the jap scrap?

They haven't troubled me ever but the two experiences I've had were uphill

To be fair I came from a modded civic type R I loved the car and it had no issue brushing off the 170tdi when mapped they put a good fight up but I still had it 2.0 n/a 243bhp 9k Rev limit I miss her but wouldn't swap it for my S3 now

Ino type rs go very well and integra mate had a 170 mapped to 205 it kept with a type r till 4th gear but surely a 220-230 n 400nm wud kill one?

To be fair I came from a modded civic type R I loved the car and it had no issue brushing off the 170tdi when mapped they put a good fight up but I still had it 2.0 n/a 243bhp 9k Rev limit I miss her but wouldn't swap it for my S3 now

Fair enough buddy.. As I say my only experiences were uphill :)

Did not mean it sarky it came across as that sorry haha,ye uphill or ona slight incline wud deffo pull on them,rele fancy a hybrid and custom map if they kill em lol

Reactions: Sayam
ye already priced a sachs clutch and fly wheel up :)

Trouble is, you can't get away from the fact the type r has twice as much Rev range.

You gotta shift gears twice as much as the type r, get an s3 and be done with it.

The way s3 prices are going you'll soon have invested nearly enough money in your TDi that you coulda got an s3 for.

sounds like abit of sense tbh that does mate lol

aslong as they can beat civic type r's ill b happy and go ahead an get more money towards one to many v tec owners my way think they run the streets haha

My 306 gti-6 used to pull away from newer type r's all day.
So did my old battered c20xe powered corsa.

I'd just sit in your nice audi and feel sorry for all the ricers with the lifeless 9000rpm blender engines.

Reactions: grainqey and Rhyso
u put 3k into a xe engine have loads of pics on my face book had all rhoose motor sport pipes cams the lot went well till it blew up :(haha they r very unreliable engine I have to admit lol just fancied a hybrid and custom map as abit of power but maybe if I lower mine and have full exhaust that cud keep me abit happer once it runs more freely

sounds like abit of sense tbh that does mate lol

I thought about doing the same when I had my tdi, could always invest the money in the s3 with a hybrid and supporting mods and end up with a useable 400+ Hp beast..

It had just sort of 170 lbs torque haha but types R are all about the high Rev range country roads if you keep in VTEC at say 7/8k it is violent hard to explain unless you've drove one but I loved driving it I have an 59 plate S3 with 310 bhp and tbh for fun driving on country roads Id pick my old type R not as quick just raw fun that's my opinion

Reactions: RobCrezz
As for your diesel only way to settle it would be a race and not a race in a straight line

Ye for speed s3 I agree wud b a animal at 400bhp lol

lmao about the XE engine, they're the wrong engine to play with, you should have gone for the LET lumps with a cooler running thermostat...

Back on topic - i'd rather be in something more comfortable to both my **** and my ears than VTEC YO!

yes it will be like a go kart in comparison but depending what audi you go for you'll beable to leave mr. ricerboy behind anyway!
While your at it, show up porsches that are trying not to be shown up by derv VRS's (LOL) - its rather fun!

lmao about the XE engine, they're the wrong engine to play with, you should have gone for the LET lumps with a cooler running thermostat...

XE....One of the most widely used engines in motorsport. bulletproof IF you build them properly and look after them.

As for the let, agree they are easy for bhp, but in lighter shells they don't half like to spin wheels!!!! I had a hybrid turbo let at around 360bhp. Used to spin Both fronts off the thottle in 3rd.

Gone are those days!!

oh yeah N/A tuning XE FTW but not when playing with booost! lol...theres a Toyota corolla somewhere on youtube with a Volvo t5 engine in, really wide tyres on the rear and spinning up all over the place!