Heater Issue Hot On Side

ei2gfb

Reaction score
with my climate control set to LO on both side the passenger side blows out really hot air, vents etc work as they should as in switching from footwell to vents to window etc, from a quick google it seems to be the blender flap is sticking anyone have any experience with these?

Yes I had same problem. Had to replace a motor that operates the flaps. Think the job including labour was £120.

Having watched the mechanic do it and the small time it took I would have had a go myself but there are a few motors so need to know which one it is.

Do a search, been lots on this, it is possible to open up the motors & free them, as they seem to stick

i have searched most refer to motors not switching to feet etc, can anyone identify which motor is the blender one? is it accessed from passenger side

There's motors on both sides of the heater, so if you remove the glovebox you should see the ones for the passenger side, you can then operate the controls & see which motors move when you change the controls. I think the heat control motor has the red arm, as each motor has a different coloured arm attached! Somebody did post a picture showing what each motor controls.

C  Data Users DefApps AppData INTERNETEXPLORER Temp Saved Images P1030651
This picture was posted by quattrojames last year.

The top one in pic is for the windscreen vent so it's not that one I have the others I removed from me old car kept them for spares just incase

Quite a common problem and the motors are quite expensive. I have a similar isuue with my windscreen vent/flap but mine is the actual flap is siezed and the motor can't move it.

The motors are also are all the same part, so you could swap one with another to sacrifice one function for another