Headlight opinions

DaveA41.8T

Reaction score
This is my A4 1.8T petrol SE

Wanting to upgrade the headlights had a look at getting some second hand oem bi-xenon and perhaps spraying the front lip black (joey'd) but that's as much as I feel of a stand out look i can get oem wise...

I've seen loads of aftermarket but have no idea which if any are decent enough to install and that don't come with a big bag of issues install/lifetime wise...

I like look of these spyder ones :-

But again have no idea reputation etc..
And state about having to be halogen replacement only (which mine currently are) but then even with h1 "xenon style" bulbs will they give a crisp white look along side the drl lightbar or are they in the flesh a let down?

Anyone have any experience with these headlights? Or failing that Spyder or other aftermarket headlights.

Thanks in advance guys.

Me again, T8ups can help with headlight upgrades also :)

I should start asking him for commission ;)

Me again, T8ups can help with headlight upgrades also :)

I should start asking him for commission ;)

Haha brilliant shame you can't "tag" on here like Facebook . I'll suggested it to him if we end up doing business

on Facebook there is a company in Scotland called
https://www.facebook.com/Headlightretrofits?fref=ts

call them and try some retrofit in your OEm headlights they will look much better than this Thaiwan crap !
I use to have Morrimoto in my Oem halogens

image upload

if you want i can show you the output during the night .... just amazing !

Plus one with Dimitar although never heard about hat Jock outfit before. I think there's a fine line drawn between looking oem and er em looking a bit tacky. Additionally, you want them to be fit for purpose and at least better in performance than your existing ones. I must say I am a bit ****** off with the standard headlights in the old bus. Even using T8ups excellent H7's the spread from standard headlamps is average and a bit dangerous for my liking up here in Swedenshire.

Cheers
A

Plus one with Dimitar although never heard about hat Jock outfit before. I think there's a fine line drawn between looking oem and er em looking a bit tacky. Additionally, you want them to be fit for purpose and at least better in performance than your existing ones. I must say I am a bit ****** off with the standard headlights in the old bus. Even using T8ups excellent H7's the spread from standard headlamps is average and a bit dangerous for my liking up here in Swedenshire.

Cheers
A

Yeah exactly that's the line I'm trying to tread between getting a stand out modern sleek look I like but without compromising on performance.

These lights I mentioned looked nice installed I don't think tacky but that is my opinion from photos not from in the flesh

But have no idea on the output and headlight performance and as a replacement for halogen only and states it's quite starkly made me wonder why and endeavour to find out more info.

I've seen the output on the bi xenon and do quite like the clear corner mod but I just wanted to see if explored this as not the only upgrade option what experience people have?

OEM bixenons all the ay tbh, allot of aftermarkets look very cheap & tacky.