Map lights/dome lights question

DaveA41.8T

Reaction score
Is there a way of isolating the map lights so when the car is unlocked or door is open that they stay off until the map lights button is turned on? So just the dome lights in the "festoon" come on and the rear passenger roof lights?

I'm a Wiring novice.. but willing to try if doesn't involve stripping back to much interior and too much rewiring ? Hope might be a disconnect from one circuit leave other live or something ?

Also does anyone recommend a seller through here or good site that sell non error giving led bulb replacements for the interior lighting.

Cheers

For led's contact member on here called T8ups

A member called NHN is a site sponsor and is supposed to be a right whiz with retrofits. I would start with dropping him a message. Also maybe t8ups could help you out as I believe he doesn't just sell stuff he also gets his hands dirty.

A member called NHN is a site sponsor and is supposed to be a right whiz with retrofits. I would start with dropping him a message. Also maybe t8ups could help you out as I believe he doesn't just sell stuff he also gets his hands dirty.

Okay brilliant yeah mentioned a summary of this thread to t8ups in conversation I started through here just waiting to hear back. I'll try and do the same to NHN soon too.

Thanks for the replies :)

The cabbie uses the map lights as the dome lights, and you can disable them with one switch in the dome cluster.
The map lights are then available on their individual switches.
Note there is no dome light per se, but it sounds like you want less light, not more

Of course, to fit this, you need the physical space to match, as well as the corresponding wiring diagrams.
Anyone got the wiring for a B7 cabbie dome light?