Might be time to sell my cab.... :(

rbailey88

Reaction score
growing family and not enough doors means I'll be testing the water to see what I can get for it...

Will post in for sale when my wheels are done at the paint shop.

Back to a saloon, Think I'll be looking out for a dtm... Not many for sale though!!

Can't seem to add a picture on my phone but I'll push myself to get it in the for sale this week.
1.8t, 39k, 1 previous owner, Fsh, Bose, heated leather etc etc.

Good luck mate........I was thinking of getting a cab and trading my saloon, but think I may miss the boot space, but always liked the idea of having a cab

Last edited:
Reactions: rbailey88
Yeah, both have advantages. Good luck though. Car looks spot on.

Reactions: rbailey88
I bet you'll miss your cab.

I will, it took me a long time to find it with being a fussy get when it comes to colour, spec, mileage etc. I'm in no rush to sell though so I'll test the water see what happens. Tbh looked at loads of other cars but I know I'll be getting another a4! Got a crush on sprint blue dtm's at the min :)

My cab is my fave car of the 14 that I ever owned :) and it's 12 years old !

My cab is my fave car of the 14 that I ever owned :) and it's 12 years old !

Yeah it is a great car, My last 4 cars have been a4's... they just tick every box for me. I may be tempted to get my old b5 running and use that and keep the cab. Only thing that's pushing me is looking at b7 dtm's on Google haha!

Good luck mate........I was thinking of getting a cab and trading my saloon, but think I may miss the boot space, but always liked the idea of having a cab

I think you should! Especially if you dont have a family etc. Saying that..the saloons are also nice when modded well.

Yeah it is a great car, My last 4 cars have been a4's... they just tick every box for me. I may be tempted to get my old b5 running and use that and keep the cab. Only thing that's pushing me is looking at b7 dtm's on Google haha!

Great looking car! The gun metal grey is lovely. Do you have German style plates at the back too? You dont get pulled over do you? Really like them also.

Keep the car if you are able.. under 40k miles and as clean as your is a steal! :icon thumright:

I have 2 kids (10&13yrs old) and a cab, it's perfectly do-able, it has more space in the boot than many hatchbacks, particularly if you use the space left over in the spare wheel well. ( I have a skinny spare ). If you have very young kids, I would recommend not buying a totally un-necessary giant buggy, a classic Maclaren is great and used to fit easily in the boot of my 1976 Alfa spider, which is what I drove when my eldest was born. Anyway bootspace is like road capacity- the more you have the more sh*te it fills up with!

Reactions: DrStrange and rbailey88
Finally managed to upload a picture!

Reactions: H5NND
Great looking car! The gun metal grey is lovely. Do you have German style plates at the back too? You dont get pulled over do you? Really like them also.

Keep the car if you are able.. under 40k miles and as clean as your is a steal! :icon thumright:

Yeah rear plates changed too, I've been pulled once (£100 fine) by a tool with too much time on his hands! Been seen by plenty of police cars before and never had an issue (plates fitted a year ago) just the once on a car park. I carry standard plates and sticky pads in the boot just incase now :)

I think you should! Especially if you dont have a family etc. Saying that..the saloons are also nice when modded well.

Miss my last saloon, that's what's making me think about selling and going back to 4 doors.

Reactions: DrStrange
Yeah rear plates changed too, I've been pulled once (£100 fine) by a tool with too much time on his hands! Been seen by plenty of police cars before and never had an issue (plates fitted a year ago) just the once on a car park. I carry standard plates and sticky pads in the boot just incase now :)

Really clean looking pic above! ^^^^ The German plates look great on your car!

Yeah typical.. jobsworth, so and so's!

Its good you carry the 'regular' plates in the boot for a quick swap out if you unfortunately get pulled over again. I dont think they're illegal, so why bother. :think:

Really clean looking pic above! ^^^^ The German plates look great on your car!

Yeah typical.. jobsworth, so and so's!

Its good you carry the 'regular' plates in the boot for a quick swap out if you unfortunately get pulled over again. I dont think they're illegal, so why bother. :think:

He gave me a leaflet explaining how they don't conform to uk standards blah blah....

The stadt logo's and spacing are why they caught his 'keen eye' he explained. Apparently any pressed plates are illegal but I was boxed in by 3 police cars at the lights few weeks ago and all I got was a nod off PC plod as he was checking my car out so must all be down to boredom... Or a bonus in his pay check haha! I've kept them on though as I literally just use the car for a run out at the weekend. If I get pulled again I'll say 'sorry officer I just put them on to take a few pics' .... 'I'll swap them over right now!'

Getting the speedlines done next week, it may persuade me to keep it :)

He gave me a leaflet explaining how they don't conform to uk standards blah blah....

The stadt logo's and spacing are why they caught his 'keen eye' he explained. Apparently any pressed plates are illegal but I was boxed in by 3 police cars at the lights few weeks ago and all I got was a nod off PC plod as he was checking my car out so must all be down to boredom... Or a bonus in his pay check haha! I've kept them on though as I literally just use the car for a run out at the weekend. If I get pulled again I'll say 'sorry officer I just put them on to take a few pics' .... 'I'll swap them over right now!'

Getting the speedlines done next week, it may persuade me to keep it :)

Haha! I cant believe they would go to the lengths of boxing you in with 3 Police Cars! Errr is that really necessary?! Maybe they mistook you for Vin Diesel and Paul walker from Fast and the Furious! Idiots.

Yeah good idea to just play the whole, ''sorry officer, i didn't know I wasn't allowed these plates''!

Definitely a good time to reconsider keeping the car. Summer is not toooo far away!:)

Haha! I cant believe they would go to the lengths of boxing you in with 3 Police Cars! Errr is that really necessary?! Maybe they mistook you for Vin Diesel and Paul walker from Fast and the Furious! Idiots.

Yeah good idea to just play the whole, ''sorry officer, i didn't know I wasn't allowed these plates''!

Definitely a good time to reconsider keeping the car. Summer is not toooo far away!:)

I was right near the station at the time, they weren't pulling me over just had one behind me and 2 along side as I was at the front of the lights. I thought... If I'm going to get pulled for my plates, now is the time... But they had a good stare at my car, then drove off, I was shocked to be honest as the time I got the fine I was on asda car park and an unmarked 5 series had me when I was reversing into a space! Countless times had police behind me and never an issue. Oh well, I broke the fine into weekly payments so didn't really notice it haha.
I'm just putting my spare 18's on now (in the dark) so my speedlines can be cleaned ready for paint.

No idea why my pictures have just popped up, posted them when I started the thread lol!

I was right near the station at the time, they weren't pulling me over just had one behind me and 2 along side as I was at the front of the lights. I thought... If I'm going to get pulled for my plates, now is the time... But they had a good stare at my car, then drove off, I was shocked to be honest as the time I got the fine I was on asda car park and an unmarked 5 series had me when I was reversing into a space! Countless times had police behind me and never an issue. Oh well, I broke the fine into weekly payments so didn't really notice it haha.
I'm just putting my spare 18's on now (in the dark) so my speedlines can be cleaned ready for paint.

Yes that is surprising, you would think after a long stare they would flag you down and give you the whole, ''Do you know why you have been pulled over?'' spiel. Ah you were also pulled over by a unmarked 5 series! i was too. Notice how they are always dark blue! ...But in a car park?! That is just low! I thought that would be off limits haha. :no: