Oil and filter

foursprungdwarf

Reaction score
Another simple but important question...

Which oil would you recommend for a 2005 2.0t at 185k?

Also which oil filter.... Genuine or other?

Thanks

I take you don't plan on those VAG longlife service schedules. If you do.... don't!!. ALWAYS VAG original oil filter, and any good quality fully synth oil suitable for your climate will do. Change it every 6,000 miles. Treat your car to a quality magnetic sump plug.

You can search for this and your other questions in the search area on the top right. They have all been pretty much asked before and easy to find.

BR
A

I did a quick search but thought I would ask because of the extra high mileage.

Last service was Audi main dealer @178,880 so due now for piece of mind.

Tempted to stop using Audi, last owner did majority with Audi but I think it is a bit OTT at this age and mileage.

"Tempted to stop using Audi, last owner did majority with Audi but I think it is a bit OTT at this age and mileage".....are you talking AUDI garages for repair and fixes?....HELL NO!.....unless you have suitcases full of money you wish to burn ( do you work for HSBC? ) Gazwould is bang on.....just don't buy stuff that may be knocks on line buy from legit sources.....not worth the gamble with filters imho. The reason your car is probably still running well is because the previous owner / owners did use proper VAG parts.

Cheers
A

Sorry I mean he was using Audi dealers for servicing/repairs which is OTT in my opinion at this mileage.

I have a TPS near me with Quantum 5w30 505.00 at a great price.

Audi told me anything between 504.00 and 507.00 is fine so I guess it will be ok?

Hmmm just googled 505.00 and now doubting myself if it will be ok

Am I right in thinking 505.00 is 5w40 ?

Last edited:
Don't think it is I have 20litres of quantum from TPS and I think it's 505.01 so I'm thinking of using that on my 2.0TDI 140 with 108k on it.

Correct me if I shouldn't please.

It's not as good as 5w30 507.00 .

Chart 2

Need some help guys please, the Quantum 5w30, is it only the long life that's 507.00 spec and the none long life isn't?

Thanks

Ok Gazwould please pardon my stupidity.

So for an Audi A4 b7 2.0tdi 140 the best oil is the 5w30 long life 507.00 spec?

And the none long life 5w30 is not 507.00 spec?

Thanks