Vossen Alloys

Reeced

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering you could help me, I have set my eyes on a set of Vossen CVT's 19 inch with the offset being 45 on an 8.5J wheel. Would these fit on a standard 8P S3? I have used RimsNTires.com and from my understanding they will, but a friend of mine disagrees stating the PCD is right but not confirming if the wheel will rub.

I've tired searching on the forums and nothing has come up and when you google it the new shape S3 show up.

Cheers!

I've got 18's that are et45 8.5J and they are fine on my s3, photos are in my thread of how they sit

8.5J + ET45 are very close to factory specifications so regarding inner clearance you will be absolutely fine. Regarding whether they will rub, that is mainly down to the tyre size you are going to be running, if you give me this I should be able to help you dude. Also is the car lowered?

If you're buying new, a good friend of mine is a UK Dealer which I can put you in touch with :)

Thankyou both for your advice!

Smurf- your car looks amazing with the fat fives, I'd personally don't like them wheels but looking at yours has changed my opinion!

Hxrpz- am I right in assuming, 235/35/19 will be okay? If not what would be best? The car is standard ride height atm but will possible change in the future. If you could but me touch that would be perfect!

235/35/19 is a fairly low profile, so at standard height i'd suggest that you shall be absolutely fine.

Speak to Henry @ RIIVA Design - 07511895123

Mention James Harper referred you and he should look after you buddy.

Having ran 19 x 8.5j ET48 wheels on my A3 Sportback a 235/35/19 tyre will rub a little on the rear. Particularly where the rear bumper is held onto the quarter panel with a screw on each side.

I removed the screw and went to a 225/35/19 tyre and this solved my issue.

Reactions: hxrpz
I'd go with veedubnoodle's advice being that he's had experience with that exact tyre size mate :)

Reactions: Veedubnoodle
Surley as the offset is lower (45) it wouldn't cause rubbing? As veedubnoodle offset was higher (48) it would push the wheel closer to the arch therefore causing rubbing?

Surley as the offset is lower (45) it wouldn't cause rubbing? As veedubnoodle offset was higher (48) it would push the wheel closer to the arch therefore causing rubbing?

Other way round mate. ET48 is higher than ET45 and therefore further inward (away from the arch).

In theory your Vossens would rub worse than my Speedlines did. :)

tech-offset-image2.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:
Other way round mate. ET48 is higher than ET45 and therefore further inward (away from the arch).

In theory your Vossens would rub worse than my Speedlines did. :)

tech-offset-image2.jpg

attachment.php
Okay so would I be in a better position to change the tyres to a smaller size and or get spacers?

Okay so would I be in a better position to change the tyres to a smaller size and or get spacers?

You don't need spacers. Your wheels will sit further out than mine. You would be better getting a smaller tyre :)

You don't need spacers. Your wheels will sit further out than mine. You would be better getting a smaller tyre :)
Sorry mate I've just re-read your comments and I understand it now. So smaller tyres are my best bet, would you agree on 225/35 or smaller?

Here's a pic of a 225/35/19 tyre on an 8.5j wheel

REAR_QUARTER2.jpg

In my opinion that's perfect. Not too stretched and a nice low profile.

You could go for a 215/35/19 if you prefer more stretch

stretch2_zpsf3d2d976.jpg

Hmm that's does look good! What I'm now concerned about is that my wheels well stick to far out from the arch due to the lower offset?

Hmm that's does look good! What I'm now concerned about is that my wheels well stick to far out from the arch due to the lower offset?

You'll be alright dude. It's only 3mm, I'm now running a set of BBS in 18 x 9j and ET38 all round. Pretty much flush all round but I could space them out another 5-10mm if I was to run a thinner tyre with more stretch.

You'll be alright dude. It's only 3mm, I'm now running a set of BBS in 18 x 9j and ET38 all round. Pretty much flush all round but I could space them out another 5-10mm if I was to run a thinner tyre with more stretch.
Cheers for all your help you've made me reliase how difficult it is to find a good set of wheels that fit! Aha yours BBS' look good in your car especially with the colour combo!

Reactions: Veedubnoodle
Cheers for all your help you've made me reliase how difficult it is to find a good set of wheels that fit! Aha yours BBS' look good in your car especially with the colour combo!

Not a problem mate. The Vossens sound like they would fit lovely with a 225/35/19 or smaller tyre and with a good drop will fill the arches perfectly. Thanks for the kind words buddy :)

Reactions: hxrpz and Reeced