Hill Hold Assist 'Lite' (VCDS)

Scott.T

Reaction score
Has anyone introduced their car to HHA 'lite' via VCDS.
This holds the brake on for a few seconds after the footbrake has been applied and released, therefore allowing hill starts and reverse parking to be a touch easier.
When on an incline it gives you a couple of seconds to do the required clutch control/footwork.

Info I read last night seems to be unclear whether HHA 'lite' requires the 1AT ABS unit or if VCDS will allow it to work with the 1AS unit.

It's clear that full HHA can only be retrofitted if the 1AT unit is in place.

Don't really see the point when the handbrake comes off on its own when setting off anyway :/

When you are on a small incline the handbrake releases too soon (as soon as clutch pedal starts to release) and there is a tendency to roll back a touch.
A little un-nerving when pulling out of a kerbside parking space.

When on a steeper gradient it seems fine and holds well, waiting for enough power, as described in the manual.

I know I can hold the handbrake 'on' by pulling the button up, as per a traditional handbrake but bear with me as I have only had an electronic handbrake for 1 week and it takes a bit of getting used too..

Once you get used to the handbrake it's fine, I very rarely use it anyway unless sat for a while at some lights, but once you are used to the handbrake you get to know exactly at what point it comes off so can have your clutch control sorted and your off.