hid kits

Twaz

Reaction score
So i've just bought a h7 hid kit on ebay has anyone tried them?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-19-14-05-55.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-19-14-05-55.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 239
I went for 8000k but I read after that 4300k is better for night driving :/ lol

I had a hid kit in my b6 and I went for 5000k was a good upgrade and I found the light good and very oem looking!

Reactions: Twaz
Just fitted them and the error light has popped up so I have to sort that out tomorrow changing the earth's over etc :/ but they look good...also my lights seem to be different to all the write ups i've seen everything just sent inside the light took me 30 seconds a light

Attachments

• 20150220_184811.jpg
    20150220_184811.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 225
they are ok, but just buy spare bulbs as they dont seem to last to long.

Are they AC or DC units.

You can def tell the difference from the pic. Make sure and set them right though, so you dont blind everyone you meet lol

Yeah they r set really low and still make my old bulbs seem like a flash light

All cars are battery dc power? I have no idea

Also today I sorted out the error codes.

Attachments

• 20150222_110716.jpg
    20150222_110716.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 190
Found the cable I wanted to cut

Attachments

• 20150222_110749.jpg
    20150222_110749.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 203
Joint that could hidden away

Attachments

• 20150222_111453.jpg
    20150222_111453.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 206
Duct tape fixefixes everything and earthed to the closest bolt that was hidden away

Attachments

• 20150222_112155.jpg
    20150222_112155.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 198
Decent! 8k are blue-er than I expected. I think im going to go for the OEM look with a hint of blue..which i think would be the 6k's

8k :eek: did you upgrade to see better?
if you did go between 4300k ice white and 6000k tint of blue.
anything over 6k is useless and will fail mot and get you pulled some day,and if you fitted them to a reflector headlamp shame on you.youd certainly get a full beam from me if you crossed my path....putting them in halogen projector isnt as bad but still wrong.
do what i have and go bi xenon,easy to do and outstanding results,and a cutoff to die for,better than most high end cars just being released.

my cutoff is highly tuned by myself,but you can see in video how easy it is.

ive just done this

my cutoff is highly tuned by myself,but you can see in video how easy it is.

ive just done this

Yeah ive been watching this guys videos. As im doing a full front end B7 conversion next year probably will be doing this for the B7 headlights. Forgive my ignorance but with so many HID kits popping up on Ebay...wouldn't a slim ballast HID kit be sufficient? Some are as OEM as possible for like £50 approx.

Im going oem ballast as soon as i get the info i need,but still use h1 bulb :(

Reactions: DrStrange
when you say you like 6k,yoy wownt really tell,its the oncoming traffic that see the colour.you will hardly see the difference behind the wheel.
unless you go from 8k to 4300k then you will,and youll never go back either ;)

So I'm still getting all the abs errors pop up after re-earthing the head light but it's not all the time, just really annoting anyone know why?

try moving the ballast,i had the error once when i fitted the kit and its never come back maybe im just lucky.
mine bought esp light on too. i reset it and its gone,also noticed a 3 sec delay on my lights going off after i switched them off?

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/h1-canbus-pro-hid-conversion-35w-kit/

this is the h1 kit for my bi xenon...so dont order it.

Reactions: DrStrange
when you say you like 6k,yoy wownt really tell,its the oncoming traffic that see the colour.you will hardly see the difference behind the wheel.
unless you go from 8k to 4300k then you will,and youll never go back either ;)

Yes true, you dont notice it unless you are that driver staring directly at the lights. My opinion is based on what ive noticed from on coming cars. Yeah..the 4300k look is so 90's haha!

lol i just like to see whats in front of me, and ive noticed ,not just me but people hate blue lights :)

wasnt really a big fan of hid,but used correctly can have good results. and doing it right gets you hid fullbeam without adding more hid kits.

lol i just like to see whats in front of me, and ive noticed ,not just me but people hate blue lights :)

wasnt really a big fan of hid,but used correctly can have good results. and doing it right gets you hid fullbeam without adding more hid kits.

Haha, completely agreed. Blue HID's are Chav-Tastic

Yes when done properly will look good and very OEM:kissmyrings:

I never knew about the projectors, where have u seen these in the uk? I had a quick look on ebay but only stuff from overseas

Hi Twaz,

I also had a look. These appear to be only available from the US. Not that bad in price if you ask me

anything over 6k is useless and will fail mot and get you pulled some day,and if you fitted them to a reflector headlamp shame on you.youd certainly get a full beam from me if you crossed my path..
Got to love completely wrong information I have had my car MOT'd with 12k and 8k this year hid bulbs in and passed both times with out question . As long as the beam pattern is correct on the meter theres nothing the mot station can fail you on unless you have self leveling lights that are not working correctly ........

*k are a little dull but also in bad weather they seem to work better than brighter lights so im happy for now

I dare you to tell vosa that.
im not wrong,even what i have done is wrong because i dont have sls and washers.
but its alot better than putting hids into a halogen projector.

8k blue? 12 purple?

Havent got round to doing against a wall shot,but you can see at 50mph the cutoff.

Attachments

• 7FED739B-2E6C-4922-AF1E-28E6D93D0CCD_zpsqrjzjqvb.JPG
    7FED739B-2E6C-4922-AF1E-28E6D93D0CCD_zpsqrjzjqvb.JPG
    595.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 60FE11CB-F9FE-4E6A-BFEF-04F10DD5D29F_zpsywkyl00k.JPG
    60FE11CB-F9FE-4E6A-BFEF-04F10DD5D29F_zpsywkyl00k.JPG
    528.5 KB · Views: 174
  • 74D85EE5-59CF-44A0-AFFB-CB1C5DB4CC18_zpsfu3bxpo1.JPG
    74D85EE5-59CF-44A0-AFFB-CB1C5DB4CC18_zpsfu3bxpo1.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 204
I ordered a pair of projectors from ebay, cost £27. It said it would fit h7 without modifications so fingers crossed... only problem I could only find projectors that take h1 bulbs :/

there not that bad.
dont forget the adapters from where i bought them from. $30

Well it said h7 fitment without modifI cation so I'm hoping it's all in one box

from what your saying,and what youve been told is wrong.

if the projectors you bought fit into a h7,that means its a reflector bowl.

you dont need this on the b6,you simply take out the old halogen projector,replace with new xenon.

do you get me?

Yep that's what I plan on doing, here's what I ordered from ebay

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-27-08-11-36.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-27-08-11-36.png
    452.5 KB · Views: 187
what do you want to do?
if your putting into a b6 you will need that plate.
it shows the fitting of it in that video. only place i found it ws the states.

I dare you to tell vosa that.
im not wrong,even what i have done is wrong because i dont have sls and washers.

You don't need self levelling lights and washers to be fitted with HID's for the MOT but what the MOT rules do say is if you have them fitted they have to work. We have had this come up before and someone did post the MOT guidelines up. As long as they are adjusted properly you shouldn't have a problem. Mine have gone though 5 MOT's now no problem.

Reactions: Ro55