oil pressure warning (help needed)

BaileyA3

Reaction score
Hi guys, after a little bit of advice if possible. I have a 56 plate 2.0 tdi 170 (not sure which engine code) and today on the way home from work the oil pressure warning light came on beeping then went off again. I've just been out for a little drive to see if it came on again and the car started and drove fine and no oil pressure warning until I was just pulling up back home and it came on again. I did an oil and filter change last week and have just checked oil levels and all is fine. Had a quick look under the car to check for possible oil leaks and nothing that I could see. I've never had the pressure warning come on since I've had the car until now but when you push and hold the left stick on the dash it shows up in there which I'm guessing is logged faults and has been on there since before I had the car. Also (not sure if it's connected) but twice in the last few days the car has cut out immediately after starting up but started back up fine straight away (Never had this before either). Any advice would be very greatly appreciated as I'm worried about driving it now incase I do any damage. Also sorry for the very long post but wanted to get every bit of info down that might matter. Just hope it's not something big and expensive.

Get checked immediately..

Oil pump and balance shall and hex drive on these engine wear and you need to get checked asap...

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/2-0-tdi-oil-pump-balance-shaft-failure.81997/

Thanks for the reply mate, after reading a lot about this issue I think I've found that my engine shouldn't be affected by this (engine code bmn) hopefully. I took it out again yesterday and still drives absolutely fine, no rattles or knocking. I noticed that the oil pressure switch was covered in oil and muck so gave it a clean and scrub with some wd40 then went to pick up a new one along with a new oil filter. The warning light popped up again on the way there but didn't on the way back so I'm hoping that points to it just being a faulty sensor. Will keep this thread updated with how I get on in case it helps anyone else.

Reactions: ruairi83
Get the car scanned with vcds after fitting and clear codes then drive again and see if reappears

Get the car scanned with vcds after fitting and clear codes then drive again and see if reappears

Ok will do, thanks for the advice. Will have to see if their is anyone on here near me with vcds as I don't fancy paying dealer prices, could get a few mods done while I'm at it.

Ok will do, thanks for the advice. Will have to see if their is anyone on here near me with vcds as I don't fancy paying dealer prices, could get a few mods done while I'm at it.

Check VCDS map. Yeah get few things enabled, alarm chirp, remove seat belt chime, auto locks few others also...

Check VCDS map. Yeah get few things enabled, alarm chirp, remove seat belt chime, auto locks few others also...

Yeah had planned on getting alarm chirp, don't know why it doesn't just come already enabled.
Hadn't thought about seat belt chime, definitely worth getting rid though.
What is auto locks? Not seen that one. Also planning on coming/leaving home lights and disabling bulb checks. Any others worth doing?