boot problems

sickoA4

Reaction score
I have a 03 plate A4 and yesterday the boot catch started playing up and not catching the latch to stay shut no matter how i tried closing it so i decided to tape this shut untill i got home but when i have got home somehow the boot has locked shut and i have no way of opening this it neither works with the key or button push or pull how ever i try nothing seems to be working i cant even get into the boot via the back seats to see if there is anything to do in there as they are fixed in place has anyone every come across this or have any ideas as i clearly have no idea haha

Can you hear anything as you try open it

When u press the handle you can feel a click but nothing happens its seem as if the catch is broke but now stuck closed but there doesnt seem to be a way to get at it now

Might be a job for the grinder ?? Maybe remove your number plate and cut a hold so then when it's repaired you won't see it

Reactions: BakPak
Maybe the grinder is in the boot!
Haha luckily there no need for the grinder but i did need to get in the boot to change one of my rear lights but have now managed to get it just required me grabbin someone stronger than me to help and force it open im just back at stage one in needing a boot lock but at least im