Decided to try out S Tronic and Hold Assist

phil1824

Reaction score
Having read so many good things on this forum about S Tronic, ACC and also Hold Assist, I have decided to take the plunge and order the same spec as I had adding of course Mono Pur and the light package. Also threw in Side assist as in the past I NEARLY had an accident not looking in the blind spot. Will know the Build date soon. This Forum is a great source of knowledge.
My daily commute is into Manchester, so I have a lot of stop start.
The Manual box on the A3 is the best box I have ever had.
Each to their own I know.

Reactions: Brasso
Good choice, I do the same crappy stop start into Manchester and my current auto box really helps - what car have have you ordered?

Its a great combination and works really well. I've used the ACC in stop/start traffic, dual carriageway and fast A roads and it's been great. Hold assist is great too, although it can be a bit of a pain if you're in stop/start and you've not put ACC on. Easy enough to turn off so you can crawl though.

Si :)

The ACC and s-tronic certainly work very well together. I use mine when ever I'm in a traffic queue or going through a section of roads works with a speed limit. Personally I'm not keen on the Hold Assist but it's easy to turn it off and once turned off it stays off, unlike the Start/Stop.

Reactions: phil1824
Good choice to add these options Phil. I do around 20k per year due to work so encounter stop/start traffic regularly hence my reason for choosing s-tronic 4 yrs ago. Now, I don't think i'd go back to manual unless I was buying a track day/weekend only car.

Good choice, I do the same crappy stop start into Manchester and my current auto box really helps - what car have have you ordered?
Audi A3 Cabriolet 1.4TFSI Cylinder on Demand 150ps S-Tronic S-line
Lotus Grey
Black Interior
Adaptive Cruise Control
Advanced Key
Audi Side Assist
Audi 5 Year Warranty
B&O Sound System
Comfort Pack
Delete Model & Engine Badge – Rear
Deselect Sports Suspension
Door Mirrors – Auto dimming / Electrically Adjustable / Folding & Heated
Extended Mono Pur Interior Finish
Head Level Heating – Front
Heated Front Seats
High Beam Assist
Hold Assist
Interior Light Pack
LED Headlights
Non – Smoking Pack
Parking System Rear (part of comfort pack)
Technology Package High with Audi Connect

Reactions: nickatkinson
What didn't you spec haha.. Nice will look out for ya.. I am surprised people choose the non smoking pack as I think them silver ash tray covers look pretty cool so have kept the smokers pack...somewhere to throw the loose change.

One reason was the higher wattage from the output. Agree that the ash tray cover does look good!

Most of us of went no smokers have agreed with the salesman that we get to keep the ashtray. I certainly have.

I'm the same. Don't smoke but have kept the smokers pack to get the ashtrays and I've added a accessory that fits in the other cup holder which is great for holding my sun glasses.

As you are replacing your current cabrio with the same car (I think?) why are you changing it now? What mileage has it done - I thought it was about the same age as mine (August 2014) but I may be mistaken.

Anyway the spec sounds awesome - pity they haven't fixed the Voice Command system for cabrios yet though.

Hi, Good to hear from you. I have done 18 k miles since June.( if you enjoy driving it, you may as well DRIVE it??) When I ordered it, the DSG was not available with the 1.4 engine. I tried to add it, but my Build week locked the week it became available with that engine. Also, a lot of the reviews slated the DSG box. Having spoken to people and seen many many positive reviews on this site about DSG with ACC, particularly in the driving conditions I do every day (Cheshire to centre of Manchester), I decided, you only live once and to take the hit on the depreciation and order the same spec plus DSG, but adding mono-pur (of course), Hold Assist, Side assist, lighting pack.

I hadn't appreciated that you'd done such a mileage since last June. I know you'll love the combination of the 1.4COD plus the DSG gearbox. It is really great! But even though I specced it I am in two minds about the Hold Assist. I'd still recommend that you go for it but I've recently switched mine off and the whole driving experience seems less frenetic. Now I just hold it on the brakes when I stop (or use the EPB if stopped for some time). Because there is that 2 second delay when taking your foot off the brake it is no problem to switch the foot from brake to accelerator. I'll see how it goes but I think I prefer it that way. I also bought the Kufatec device to semi-permanently switch off the stop/start which I hated.

When do you take delivery of the new car?

Over 5,000 miles I've averaged a true (ie brim to brim) mpg of 40.74 which I'm delighted with.

I hadn't appreciated that you'd done such a mileage since last June. I know you'll love the combination of the 1.4COD plus the DSG gearbox. It is really great! But even though I specced it I am in two minds about the Hold Assist. I'd still recommend that you go for it but I've recently switched mine off and the whole driving experience seems less frenetic. Now I just hold it on the brakes when I stop (or use the EPB if stopped for some time). Because there is that 2 second delay when taking your foot off the brake it is no problem to switch the foot from brake to accelerator. I'll see how it goes but I think I prefer it that way. I also bought the Kufatec device to semi-permanently switch off the stop/start which I hated.

When do you take delivery of the new car?

Over 5,000 miles I've averaged a true (ie brim to brim) mpg of 40.74 which I'm delighted with.
Hi,
Thanks for reply. Understand where people are coming from re Hold Assist, but if you have it you can switch it off, and if you don't have it you can't switch it on!!
Currently code 10 BW 14. I have found Huddersfield Audi to be great so far.

Fined the hold assist useful on my current q5, when activated your brake lights are switched off so not blinding the car behind. I like you am at code 10 and ordered from huddesfield audi. Service provided by Andrew has been great.

Fined the hold assist useful on my current q5, when activated your brake lights are switched off so not blinding the car behind. I like you am at code 10 and ordered from huddesfield audi. Service provided by Andrew has been great.

That's interesting as if you have Hold Assist on with the new A3 your stop lights are definitely illuminated - which has caused some considerable discussion on this forum re the rights and wrongs of leaving your brake lights on if there is a car behind.

How people were on about how there car would role back I have had no such issue. Still cant figure out y wud need hill hold assist.