Group B WRC Spectator Madness!

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
Group B WRC spectator madness

The drivers of these beasts are a bit crazy too!

Reactions: Bbflex and Cymru09
There's Motorsport then there was group B, best spectators and drivers sport created, such a shame it got banned, I remember hearing somewhere that one of the drivers finished a stage and when he got out the car found a finger caught in the mirror :puke2:I as a rule can't watch motorsports even though I live and breathe anything with an engine, I could watch group B as it was so exciting and the cars where phenominal for the time.

It only got banned because people were dying, Drivers and spectators. The only thing that amazes me me is how more people didn't get killed, especially the spectators.

Karl.

Yes but no one was made to do anything they didn't want to, the spectators where standing in the middle of a race track and running out the way when a car came steaming through, the blokes driving where doing what they loved, someone more or less dies every year on the TT but it's not banned, Motorsport is dangerous more so rallying, the dangers of group B is what helped make it so exciting, group B would still be exciting to watch if the spectators where correctly managed, the fact the drivers could be killed is a hazzard in many motorsports, it was a shame to loose such good drivers but they chose to sit in that seat and drive the car to the upmost limit.