Removal of Sun Visor

mister.c.

Reaction score
Hi folks, wonder if someone can help and point to an easy guide showing the removal of the sun visor. Apologies if I've missed it; I did a search. I'm actually not with the car this week so it is difficult to assist my good lady from afar, without such a guide. I could only find an old A4 removal on youtube & don't think that was applicable.

Our sun visor (passenger side) has broken - it is the clip on the right hand side that holds it in the mounting which you would unclip to be able to turn the visor to the left towards the door that is broken. Not the actual mounting that is affixed to the roof. We have the opportunity to swap this with a fully working one in the next couple of days if we can remove the old one. And remove the equivalent one in a friends, without damage, who is part exchanging his A3 on March 1st. Even if we don't end up swapping, then I'd want to remove our visor anyway to take with me to seek to fix at work. Audi new part is £81; obviously e-bay will be cheaper.

With the visor affixed only with the other mounting, she has not been able to remove it, and also is fearful in forcing it, that she may cause damage - to either sun-visor / upholstery. The manual is apparently not helpful.

If anyone can explain / point to a guide, of the way to remove the visor, then it would be appreciated. Thanks

TY; I pointed her to this and one of the links helped her out. Thanks.

Quick cheap fix for sun visor clip breakage :
Health & Safety WARNING: Obviously, Don't try this unless you're competent and aware that fire and hot plastic can burn!!!!. Has lasted all summer with visor being pull in and out....