Audi A3 2.0 tdi power steering

daz3883

Reaction score
Hi everyone, the names daz and have joined up as ive heard some good reviews about this forum, now ive encountered a bit of a problem, the mrs has a 2003 audi a3 2.0 tdi sport, its an 8p shape which i believe is one of the 1st ones out this shape, now its come across the typical power steering problem where its stopped working and requires a new rack, now ive looked and looked for a used one but theres so many part numbers its unbelievable, and i dont really want to take the old one off to look at a part number only to have to wait for a new one, ive seen one on ebay but would like some advice on whether it'd fit or not, the part number is 1K2 423 051CB, my chassis number is WAUZZZ8P54A009549, if anyone could help it would be very much appreciated, thanks daz

Hi everyone, the names daz and have joined up as ive heard some good reviews about this forum, now ive encountered a bit of a problem, the mrs has a 2003 audi a3 2.0 tdi sport, its an 8p shape which i believe is one of the 1st ones out this shape, now its come across the typical power steering problem where its stopped working and requires a new rack, now ive looked and looked for a used one but theres so many part numbers its unbelievable, and i dont really want to take the old one off to look at a part number only to have to wait for a new one, ive seen one on ebay but would like some advice on whether it'd fit or not, the part number is 1K2 423 051CB, my chassis number is WAUZZZ8P54A009549, if anyone could help it would be very much appreciated, thanks daz

If don't have power steering car is pretty much un drivable anyway so doesn't make a difference if you take the rack out?

You need to anyway to get the correct part number, because if not you might have to go down the route of getting additional wiring looms to get other racks to work.
So you might aswell.