RNS- E Help

Castag

Reaction score
Hey guys... i know there are 10000000's of threads on these but i cant seem to get it to work!

I have a 2002 S3 8L that had Double Din Symph 2.
Ive recently installed my RNS E.
The issues i am having is with the Navigation.
The Nav system doesnt pick up where the car is at all, doesnt move at all when im driving and when i put in a location to drive nothing happens. There is just a static picture of my car on the map which i put there with the manual placement.

I have put a wire for the green/white cable on the blue connector behind the dash to slot 3 on the 8 PIN connecter behind the RNS e unit....

Similarly, for bonus points. I no longer have a functioning display on the dashboard that used to say the radio station etc. Its just a black space there now.

Thanks for the help lads

Where have you located the GPS sensor? have you coded the unit and the instrument cluster correctly? have you just pressed the button on the bottom of the stalk to turn off/on the DIS?

<tuffty/>

The GPS is just behind the cluster... average 4-7 sats. So i dont think thats a problem..
I thought i coded it right. but ill take it back to the shop tomorrow to code it there unless there is a way to do it from home. And yes i have. I still get temp and the other aspects like fuel consumption but the top third is blank. This is usually where the radio channel was