Poor performance cab

Audi doodie

Reaction score
Hi Guys
My 2.5 tdi Sline Cab seems very low on performance. It's the muultitronic gearbox and I know that feels strange in comparison to the DSG in my Skoda but the 140 up Skoda definitely has a kick when it's booted. The Audi just accelerates but with no real urgency. I am suspecting turbo or cam wear . Would I be on the right lines with this or could it be fuelling? There are no lights up on the Dash and code check is clear. The other thing is my mechanic says it has a very slight clonking noise on heavy acceleration for the first couple of seconds, I just thought it was exhaust noise but what do I know. Hope you can help as it needs a cam belt change and I don't want to throw money away into a money pit if things are getting bad
Cheers guys

i would check all hoses leading to turbo, sometimes its difficult to see any tears or holes.

Ive got both a 2.5tdi audi A4 and also a 2.0tdi PD 140 audi A3. The A3 feels quicker due to the turbo kick. The 2.5 is a very smooth engine so you dont feel like its as quick

Ive got both a 2.5tdi audi A4 and also a 2.0tdi PD 140 audi A3. The A3 feels quicker due to the turbo kick. The 2.5 is a very smooth engine so you dont feel like its as quick
Hi VagCabby
Thanks for that mybe it's just me, however, I think I'll do a timed run 0 to 60 in both that should prove it one way or another