AlexA4Avant

Reaction score
I was wondering if I have to much not enough or ok
8707b18d7406a3c33ba4337dc95e0296.jpg
6752a86f90ae0112ad04b13b260a5791.jpg
c2e6fb0eb2689b788132cd0bab266e67.jpg
db17842ea0ea8ed13118a7978c9406a3.jpg
b541e9b731106291dfbfd1ceb52e4988.jpg

Have like other polishes and stuff but this is what I actually use am I using the right stuff in the white pot is the clay with the mega qik detailer

I'm not saying / showing how much Detailing gear I have as SWMBO sometimes has a look on here lol I Don't fancy sleeping in the garden! Lol

@AlexA4Avant - Have a look on Detailing World to see whether you will ever have enough Detailing products ... ;)

I'm not saying / showing how much Detailing gear I have as SWMBO sometimes has a look on here lol I Don't fancy sleeping in the garden! Lol

@AlexA4Avant - Have a look on Detailing World to see whether you will ever have enough Detailing products ... ;)

Garden? BH, You mean the Doghouse! :p :D

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Have done when it wants to work what is swmbo mean?

In my arsenal I have 2 buckets clean and dirty, 10" polisher, pads applicator and removal and cutting bonnets. Wheel brush, various shampoos, rain x , g3 cutting compound, mega quik clay kit, 3 wash mitts one microfibre for panels, noodle or grill and headlights and doors, and an old one for wheels, Hoover car pride dash instant valet back to black, grease lightening wheel dress, drying cloth mf and mf drying pad, mf buffing clothes one for polish and one for wax, turtle wax original wax, bag and extension lead. I do have a jet washer with a snow foam accessory thing not proper snow foam but got used to using 2 bucket method as I have to run the hose through the house.

That is an awesome set up sorting mine out hence the thread

Finally sorted my detailing stuff and got it into my dedicated detailing bag
e9ce8d137f58393b3e9c65b8653e6c52.jpg

Looks good, but remove that "Turtle Wax" :laugh:

I would say you need more stuff mate . Have a look on detailing world.... that's where my problem started!! Personally I would move off turtle wax range and try some autoglym / dodo juice products, don't break the bank and can get some great results, better than turtle waz IMO. Look into claying and snowfoaming, then get yourself a DA, 2 bucket method?............I'll stop now already said too much.

Have fun :icon thumright:

Already 2bucket got a da, not a mega expensive one but does good for what I do but as it runs out move up and clay in that lot like the turtle wax range but when it runs out move up

sounds like your on the right track to becoming OCD with it then mate....

Yer the missus says I already am used turtle wax on lots if other cars and the price is brilliant gonna get poorboys wheel sealant of my sport wheels that I just refurbed when tyre change time then they can go on

I love the Autoglym and PoorBoys product range! :icon thumright:

Is that why you said ditch turtle wax

Hm. Turtle wax is fine is you're happy with the finish it produces. Once you start venturing into the world of proper car detailing it's a different story.

That big blue and white buffer that I can only presume you're referring to as a 'DA' is not actually a DA in the sense that is being discussed. This is:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-machines/das-21e-dual-action-polisher/prod_1391.html

On top of this you'll have to purchase a selection of cutting, finishing and application pads. Then suitable cutting compounds and finishing polish. This is where you really cross the line from valeting a car to detailing it. With this machine you take fine layers of the clear coat finish away, producing a near perfect finish to the bodywork.

Of course once you have this finish, you'll want to protect it. It seems fashionable to apply sealant layers and then wax on top at the moment. However, either on it's own will suffice.

If this is the sort of thing you are looking into doing, I'd suggest doing a lot of research first. Again, detailing world forums are a good start.

Like you say I am happy with the turtle wax product and as money gets freed up will replace items with better products