have i got..........

amb276s3

bird spotter
Reaction score
O C D , (obsessive compulsive dissorder), the missus says i am becoming evermore difficult to live with,(hooray, time for a trade in), because i have these annoying habits.....
1, my favourite tool is a spirit level, and i frequently do spot checks around the house to make sure things are level and square
2, i own a pair of white gloves and perform military style dust checks, on top of door frames, cupboards etc
3, my cd collection is stored alphabetically and when you open the case the disc must be 100% in line with no finger prints
4, as number 3 but with dvd
5, tv screens are only dusted with a particular cloth and NEVER touched by human hand
6, the lawns must be cut with stripes of equal width and must be walked on in the same direction as the grass lays
7 every digital clock must be perfectly synchronised to the second so one doesn't read 4.18 and the others 4.19
8 the screwheads on lightswitches or sockets must be in line east to west and of course the switch or socket be mounted level

these are just a few examples, not even mentioning things like airvents in cars and fingerprints on the inside of the glass

are any of you the same or am i just a f---ing wierdo ( i think that is the term used by the wife ), surely its not just me

ps has anyone got a compulsive habit that i could add to mine, god i love being a freak,
pps i can even spot a thong poking out the top of some jeans from 200 yards........ or maybe thats another kind of habit

well, i have OCDs, but not to that extent.
The worst i have is locking things, lets take the front door.
I lock it. I move the handle up and down and try and push the door, i know its locked. Then i get down the path....i think, no, its not locked, someone will walk in when i've gone. So i do it again. I'm getting better, usually I only have to go back ONCE !
Same with locking and leaving the car. I have to got back and check just ONE handle, even when i walk away i'm still "blipping" the thing !

My elder sister has it bad, she does "quick rituals" (like tapping something twice, then again, and again, and again) because she thinks bad things will happen if she doesnt do it.

At the end of the day, nobody is perfect.

i got a bad habbit of washing hands all the time i mean sooooo many times. also keepin my cloths in order from shirts to tops etc and keeping my tshirts in a colour co-ordinated order. and missing a day off gym gets me very annoyed cuz i think im loseing muscle mass and putting on fat. my girlfriend says im obessed with my car n going gym i think shes right! its all go it makes us all iduviduals! my spelling is bad im a design graduate hardly do any reading or writing so ignore my spelling mistakes lol :)

wtf.gif

the worst thing about locking doors etc is if you have driven 5 or 10 mins up the road and then that doubt comes to mind , have i haven't i locked the door and end up driving all the way back to check, obviously whilst making sure that none of the air vents on the dash are out of uniform alignment

I went out and came home two hours later to find I had forgot to shut the garage door, What would that have done to you guys?

yes i do, only thing is sometimes the walls or ceilings run slightly out of true, so in that case i level the picture and adjust by standing back and using eye judgement, it can take ages

Dude, just tell your wife/GF that it could be worse - my OCD is to "try before I buy" lol....

D-Day (Divorce Day) T Minus 9days...... tick tick tick

neil.c said:
I went out and came home two hours later to find I had forgot to shut the garage door, What would that have done to you guys?

ha ha ha ....
i drove around 60 miles last thursday with a claw hammer on the roof of my transit van !!!! how it stayed on is beyond me... i pulled up at a block of flats to fix a dead boiler and a woman leaned out of a window and shouted " hey, theres an effin hammer on yer roof!!!" ha ha ha ...laughed my *** clean off.
i wouldnt mind, but it was an estwing !
but on the ocd front.... i think im a bit weird with some things... alot of my mates kind of laugh and joke around saying i have ocd's but i think there is an element of truth there...
i get VERY intensly focused in whatever im doing.
yes, screw slots in light/socket switches should always be vertical.
things should be clean.
i just think any job should be done at the very best you can. every time.
maybe not an ocd but deffinaitly a perfectionist.

neil.c said:
Can go slightly better , after a late night playing around the town in the cars(hey i was young,long time ago), i went up to my house leaving the DRIVERS DOOR WIDE OPEN! ,and where i lived at the time it was a main road with loads of people walking past , got a chap at 10am by my mate who lived down stairs to tell me!
On the OCC ,front i have slight tendaces but nothing compaired to some of you guys , my fav is the toilet roll MUST face flush to the out side ,not tight to the wall !
and yes CD's & DVD's etc must be in order ,items need to be right way up never at angles HATE wires in sight ,
but other than that im normal lol ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

amb276s3 said:
the worst thing about locking doors etc is if you have driven 5 or 10 mins up the road and then that doubt comes to mind , have i haven't i locked the door and end up driving all the way back to check, obviously whilst making sure that none of the air vents on the dash are out of uniform alignment

HA, i thought i was the only one, lol :keule:

amb276s3 said:
O C D , (obsessive compulsive dissorder), the missus says i am becoming evermore difficult to live with,(hooray, time for a trade in), because i have these annoying habits.....
1, my favourite tool is a spirit level, and i frequently do spot checks around the house to make sure things are level and square
2, i own a pair of white gloves and perform military style dust checks, on top of door frames, cupboards etc
3, my cd collection is stored alphabetically and when you open the case the disc must be 100% in line with no finger prints
4, as number 3 but with dvd
5, tv screens are only dusted with a particular cloth and NEVER touched by human hand
6, the lawns must be cut with stripes of equal width and must be walked on in the same direction as the grass lays
7 every digital clock must be perfectly synchronised to the second so one doesn't read 4.18 and the others 4.19
8 the screwheads on lightswitches or sockets must be in line east to west and of course the switch or socket be mounted level

these are just a few examples, not even mentioning things like airvents in cars and fingerprints on the inside of the glass

are any of you the same or am i just a f---ing wierdo ( i think that is the term used by the wife ), surely its not just me

ps has anyone got a compulsive habit that i could add to mine, god i love being a freak,
pps i can even spot a thong poking out the top of some jeans from 200 yards........ or maybe thats another kind of habit

thats bordering on seriously obsessive!!
there is no way on earth i could live in your house, i mean i run a tight ship but thats bizarre!!!!
see you on ripleys.

TDI-line said:
Blimey Outlore, that's taken ages, or did you get married again.

Yeah 2 years for a "no fault" (haha) divorce. Didn't

YAY!!! Todays the day!!!
All I need to do now is to fly to the UK to start it all off!!!

its easily done, i removed one of the posts ;)

Olly_K said:
well, i have OCDs, but not to that extent.
The worst i have is locking things, lets take the front door.
I lock it. I move the handle up and down and try and push the door, i know its locked. Then i get down the path....i think, no, its not locked, someone will walk in when i've gone. So i do it again. I'm getting better, usually I only have to go back ONCE !
Same with locking and leaving the car. I have to got back and check just ONE handle, even when i walk away i'm still "blipping" the thing !

My elder sister has it bad, she does "quick rituals" (like tapping something twice, then again, and again, and again) because she thinks bad things will happen if she doesnt do it.

At the end of the day, nobody is perfect.

On that subject, my other half has such a thing about the door being locked she has in the past actually broke the door checking to make sure its locked.
She locks the house door pulls the handle and shakes the door to make sure its locked, then again, and again so on.........

Worse still why with a car with central locking would you press the button then proceed to check that all 4 doors and the boot are locked, not just once oh no, 2 - 3 times.

My 2p worth

Cheers

Derek

Not sure if this counts but...

We had a bbq at the weekend and i had to line up all of the sausages / burgers etc etc on the grill to make them all symmetrical

waveform, yep, i have broken the front door and back door handles through pulling and pushing to make sure they wont open !

the bbq thing deffo counts aswell !

just spotted some fingerprints on the glass of the oven door, thats all i need after a 13hr day, cant stop shaking until its pristine and back to its former glory, oh and while hoovering out the car at the weekend the pile of the carpet has to fall the same way, anyone else do this?

MikeA3 said:
Not sure if this counts but...

We had a bbq at the weekend and i had to line up all of the sausages / burgers etc etc on the grill to make them all symmetrical

welcome to my world !

I fink we've been watchin to much Hollyoaks, lmao, remember that kid with this problem, HA!

The Slug said:
I fink we've been watchin to much Hollyoaks, lmao, remember that kid with this problem, HA!

i've heard that there are some fit birds in hollyoaks, can anyone confirm, i've never had time to watch it, plus the thought of getting a greasy finger mark on the remote would distract my viewing

I have to make love to myself every 30 mins which is part of my excercise regime, i now have muscles the size of popeye's ( right arm at least ) trouble is i have a wife like popeyes as well, and i keep walking into things due to my fading eyesight, o i also have very hairy palms which when i eat a burger or KFC keeps tickling my nose and making me sneeze.

You guys r all nuts. Theres nothing wrong with me!

you guys r all nuts. theres nothing wrong with me!

You guys are all nuts. Theres nothing wrong with me!

Audi Sport Net S&M Division here, reporting for duty....:salute:

My rack is always available for some ...

**Ahem** "Electro therapy....:eyebrows: :whip: :scared2:

oh poor souls.. bless you all! I understand what your going thru.... :blownose:

luckily, I don't have that problem :lmfao:

I have to have my climate control on an even number, but that's surely just common sense.

I do the vents one and the temp being on an even number or ending in a 5 :wacko: If one sun visor is down, the other has to come down too & vice versa. When parking I have to leave my front wheels straight!!??

Things annoy me in the house but I think they're only natural ones unless your house is a tip. Rugs lining up with walls and opposing things sitting symetrical etc.

I'm not dirty but I think a house needs a 'lived in' feel about it. One of my mates has his house absolutely immaculate & nobody wants to go round to his for beers etc. because he's so much of a pain in the **** trying to keep it in pristine condition.

I like to have my stereo on an even volume setting.

And in my house there's two light switches for the hall light, one at each end. If the light is off I prefer the switches to both be in the off position rather than both in the on position.

I also have to have the stereo volume on an even number and can't relax if the climate control setting is different on passenger side to drivers side! :think: