Rough price for replacing heater matrix

Gary-92

Reaction score
as title really. I have a 04 a3 with facelift dash ect fitted, heater matrix is leaking. Does the whole dash have to be removed? How much would it cost roughly? Thanks

Urmmm I seem to recall access to the unit from the side, but I know the whole unit & its a pita to work on at times, sometimes its easier quicker to remove the dash tbh which does take a while, but gives full access to the components & can check for leaks.

as title really. I have a 04 a3 with facelift dash ect fitted, heater matrix is leaking. Does the whole dash have to be removed? How much would it cost roughly? Thanks

Yeah the dash needs to come out for this job. I don't know where you are based but I know someone who can do it in the London area, will probably cost around £500 roughly.

South west scotland so a bit far lol thanks any way

Asked a local garage for s rough quote. They said my car hasn't got a heater matrix. This is the reply I got. Sound right? Gary .... your car doesn't have a heater matrix as such , it's a complex heat exchanger & control valve system - Audi are emailing diagram to me on Monday, will have a look then and see what's goin on with it - will give you a shout Monday. My car is a 2004 a3 2.0 tdi thanks