S3 2010 Revo 2 + throttle sticking, running rough

JimboS3

Reaction score
I sold my 2010 s3 to a mate last fri with 30,000 on the clock running stage 2 plus Revo. He text me last night saying the throttle is sticking and its running like a bag of poop! It was only mapped about 5000 miles ago and I've never had any issues with it at all before. I was gutted to sell her :(
Anyone know what the prob might be?
My bro initially thought it might be the breather valve on cam cover that had split but it's not that. Any help would be much appreciated

Would this cause it to run rough and underpowered?

Get it logged on VCDS for errors.

Reactions: JimboS3
Sounds a lot like some sort of vacuum leak. When I replaced my PCV valve a few months back I didn't have the pipe from the valve to the inlet manifold connected properly so as soon as I give it a bit of boost down the road it blew the pipe off and started running really lumpy and spluttering.

The pcv has been replaced since the prob which made no difference. It's in for diag today where it was mapped so he'll hopefully find the prob

Ahhh ok then. Hopefully you get it sorted and it's nothing serious. Let us know what it is :)

Reactions: JimboS3
Sounds like it's the air mass meter. We'll find out for sure tomorrow when new ones fitted