Rattle from head

S3TOM1988

Reaction score
getting a rattle from the head at 2-3 000 rpm could this be a blocked pick up as when vvt is unplugged runs spot on help needed please guys really need some advice

as you have unplugged the VVT and stopped the rattle it sounds like the VVT is faulty...

Swapping the pickup is not a big job for the average DIY'r and worth doing regardless but if the VVT is on its way out then you normally get a brrratt! sound if you blip the throttle from idle from the top of the engine

<tuffty/>

I get a horrible Rattle at round 2-3 rpm, I took the Illinois of to we how it works and it look like gallery plunger and a push to solonoid is there more to the system I take it

If I have translated your autocorrect correctly you removed the solenoid valve of the VVT unit? to see if it works?...

repost dude... the above makes no real sense lol

<tuffty/>

Done that m8 no slack in tensioner and the rest is hidden I cleaned the sump yesterday and engine is smooth and quiet so fingers crossed but found some metal castings in the pick up no bearings thow thank god lol

what bearings were you expecting? metal shavings is very very bad... should have took the end caps of the rods and checked the big end bearings, big ends are not what you think, its just a metal shim thats fed oil. mine spun two big ends;