Braided Hoses/ Issues

Cj_sat69

Reaction score
Hi guys i have been going nuts because my brakes are not up to the standard that i think they should be at.

My pedal keeps going spongy and it takes ages for the car to stop

I have bought new rear callipers as the passenger side was sticking and i know this is a common fault with these. I have checked the hoses in the engine bay and they all seem fine. I have also checked the brake hoses and also bled the system.

I am currently running brembo discs all round with Hawk pads up front and brembo pads on the rear.

So i am now thinking of getting braided hoses to see if that helps, are they worth it or am i missing something? any suggestions??

Thanks

Did you bleed the two nipples on the master cylinder? This made a world of difference to my brakes

I havent but ill try this after work and let you know how i get on.
Cheers

I have the same problem as you dude replaced my rear calipers discs and front discs and pads to s3 front and rears from a3 1.8t ones mine isn't spongy but the brakes aren't what they should be for a 210bhp car let alone a 150bhp one it takes a while there not sharp at all braided hose is my next option decent fluid and ds2500 pads

OE hoses are already braided IIRC... not known one to flex... not bleeding the master cylinder is the biggest cause of soft/long pedal

<tuffty/>

Don't worry about going braided hoses you most likely won't notice the difference. Go ds3000 pads from badger5 and some good fluid and it will make the world of difference. Then bleed the entire system including the master cylinder.

I did it in this order
Both nipples on mc
Rear passenger
Rear driver
Front passenger
Front driver
Bleed nipple on gearbox
Both bleed nipples on mc

It may seem excessive doing it twice but for the firm brake pedal, it is worth it!

So just an update, bled the whole system lastnight and put in fresh ATE fluid. Bled the master cylinder and what a massive difference ist made to the pedal. The car stops like it should now but it could be a tiny bit better so i think ill chage the front pads and see what happens from there. May have to check these ds3000 pads out or should i stick to EBC greenstuff like i have in the past?

I think red stuff pads are better for the weight of the S3, rather than green stuff, I'm sure I read somewhere.