RNS-E MK1 iPod Connectivity

Spatula

A4 B6
Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently bought an 8P (2007), and it has a built in iPod connector (30 pin) in the glove box. It doesn't seem to be sending any power to the connector, nor do I know how to access the iPod in the RNS-E system.

Mine is one that has the CD/TV option, but can't seem to find ipod connect anywhere?

Any ideas?

Cheers
Spat

After much trawling through old posts and what not, I've kind of come to the conclusion that my RNS-e Mk1 isn't going to support the iPod connector in the glove box, which brings me to the question:

Why on earth was an iPod connector spec'd out when the car was born with an RNS-e mk1 when it isn't even supported?!?!?!?!

My RNS-e:

Mate im goin through the exact same thing. Ive found one thing that works so far but working on an adapter. U can put music onto a usb stick and play through there. But i put my whole itunes onto it 9gb worth and it only shows up 40 tracks on screen. To access it btw you go into cd changer as mine was a 6 cd changer b4 last owner changed it. Hope this helps and will let you know if this adapter ive brought works

Ahhh right. Well I have all my music on Spotify, long are the days since I used iTunes or downloaded music.
I have bought a bluetooth > 30 pin receiver, and also a 12v > 5v reducer. They should arrive today/tomorrow. I'll let you know how it gets on.
By the way when you choose the CD, does the one that's connected light up?

What do you mean light up? On the screen or usb stick? I no the stick flashes. It also loads onto cd 1. Ive tried one of the bluetooth receiver and i couldnt get it to work but let me know if you have any luck.
This is what i tried 331486664123

I had the same in mine when I got it. You directly push your iPod into that connection and use it via the CD Changer input. Audi sell a pack of adapters/wedges that help support your iPod in the adapter. It is pretty basic in functionality as it just replicates a CD Changer so no track names etc as far as I can remember.

I purchased the newer version RNS-E with the 'media' button and an AMI unit and am very happy with it. You get playlists, artists and track names etc all displayed on the RNS-E.

I was going through the same but then I bought one of these, as long as your iPod has Bluetooth your fine, I use mine with my iPhone 6. Works great easy to set up, plug and play. Only problem is you have to have your audio turned up a bit more as it comes through a little quieter

http://www.portablehifi.com/viseeo-tune2air-wma1000-review/
http://www.viseeostore.com/products/viseeo-tune2air-wma1000.html

Yer this was the 1st one i tried but couldnt get it to work. I tried with a few different phones aswell. Is there different models of these or should they all work. It apears on my phone just wont let me connect

So, I got power to my bluetooth dongle and am able to connect to it via my phone, however it still says CD slots 1 - 6 are empty so I can't select them.

Any ideas??

No mate could even connect to my donggle but the usb stick shows up in slot 1 as audi cd i think

What a night mare. Trying to source myself a tune2air device but not sure it's going to work and don't fancy shelling out 60 buff for something that wont work.

Thats what i brought a tune2air but i couldnt connect to it. Tried 3 differnt phones. If your local to me your more than welcome to try it. Im in belvedere.

Hey man, I'm from Manchester so it'd be a bit of a logistical nightmare me travelling down lol.
Any chance of you selling your tune2air?

Yes mate thats fine. Paid £45 for it but as ive opended it il send it for £35 if your ok with that?