My S4 avant

Mark-f

Reaction score
So I'm new to the forum and also to Audi, and for a while I've wanted an S4 and now I finally have one.

I previously had an E46 330 convertible and spent a fortune on maintainence over 2 years, then almost on a whim after searching hard for a number of weeks came across this phantom black 06 plate avant with silver nappa and tiptronic box with 70k. It has full audi history for everything including bulbs, and I'm the 3rd owner.

I gave it a DA with menzerna, glosswerkz, and fusso on top after a full and complete decontamination with ironx, clay and tardis. It needs the wheels refurbing and the interior having a right good going over, but other to that I'm happy with it. A bulb out warning has just come on! Haha

Plans? No idea, I think the fuel bill is going to be a tad higher, I'm currently averaging 230-250 per tank, the BM I was averaging something similar. Ideally I'd like the back 5 windows tinting, maybe some new wheels, and a black grill

Pics here https://www.flickr.com/photos/97516804@N07/

Cheers

Reactions: THQuattro and Charlie Farley
Hej Mark, Welcome to the Forum. This is the wrong place if you don't intend to spend your cash....it could seriously damage your wallet's health! hahaha Saw the pics, car looks sweet. You are definitely more an Audi man than Beemer!

Tints, wheels and new grill......that's just the beginning Mate! hehehe

All the best,
A

Reactions: Mark-f
You been polishing yer bulbs as well:idea:
Just the car I'm after as well, a Black S4 Avant would be just the ticket for me, currently perusing the classifieds for a good un. Enjoy yours.
Did you have a look at many before settling on this one?

Last edited:
Nice :) im still looking for a suitable V8 plate.

You been polishing yer bulbs as well:idea:
Just the car I'm after as well, a Black S4 Avant would be just the ticket for me, currently perusing the classifieds for a good un. Enjoy yours.
Did you have a look at many before settling on this one?
I did, I had a look at a few and all made the same chain rattle for ~1 second or so. I didn't want dark leather either, and I think the silver nappa looks great. It certainly feels good! Haha

yep, looks to be very nice:cool:, i love that interior in that colour, niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.:icon thumright::cool:

Cheers guys, we will see what happens on the mods front.

Are there any subtle mods that can be suggested real quick, other than the RS4 ARB? I've had a search but tbh its probably easier to get quick posts. And I'm cheeky like that :)

does it have a front splitter fitted, if not then thats a good starting point, nice subtle add-on for low cost.:icon thumright:
RS4 arb is another and well worth doing also.:)

I just put the Cupra Splitter on mine from my old A4. Still awesome how much difference such a simple little add o makes.
Out of interest... does the RS4 ARB make a huge mount of difference to the S4? Iwas under the impression that the S4 ARB was more sturdy than the A4 one as it is...or am I wrooong

I think going from a standard A4 arb to an RS4 arb the improvement is massive, from S4 to RS4 , there will still be an improvement but not as noticable as the s4 is a larger dia item to start with over the a4 item.

No real updates as such, going to work at Norwich hospital for 3 months so will be covering a lot of miles at weekends. Afterwards I'll be looking at getting some new wheels perhaps, hence my other thread.

One thing I've found to be a slight issue when on twisty roads is the size of the paddles. Personally I think they are way too small, so I've bought some black alloy extensions which have arrived today. I have put them on and don't think they look too bad, but I've gone for function over form and they work a treat, just what I'm after

I would forget the tarty stuff and rip that exhaust off, boy do they sound good.

I agree about tarty stuff, but they have actually come in useful. I'm quite happy with them, they don't look too out of place as they are aluminium.

I reckon when this job I'm doing finishes, the exhaust will be off. Just got to wait until August

so a little update, no mods.

expenses, fuel, and a n/s headlamp (supplying dealer paid for)

its costing me a bit at weekends doing a 450 mile round trip, averaging 30.6 each way on A and M roads, its very comfy, very lazy at speed and a blast coming off roundabouts and out of corners. I've noticed the front tyres are starting to get a little low on tread, and the O/S is wearing on the outer edge so it'll be having an alignment done ASAP to determine what the issue is.

this weekend it will be getting an exterior detail, it'll be an all day affair i think. i've also been looking at some rims, i'll be sticking with 18"s so far....

:sign wow: 30mpg is way over the estimated mpg, you should be pleased with that or have you forgotten it's a V8 4.2
I'm clocking 25mpg and that's mixed driving, 50% long distance & 50% town.

:sign wow: 30mpg is way over the estimated mpg, you should be pleased with that or have you forgotten it's a V8 4.2
I'm clocking 25mpg and that's mixed driving, 50% long distance & 50% town.
definately havent forgotten its a V8! haha

Got mine in for the hi-flow sports cats and stage 2 tomorrow, gonna be a long wait but worth it. I hope

Couple of limbs :O
Just over £2,400 all in.
The throttle is more responsive than before, not alot of exta power but i allready had a stage 2 prior to this one. Its more the sound which has a loud metalic rasp and louder v8 rumble, the pops are louder to.
I cant say the cabin drone has increased much just below 2k, im thinking about getting the trunk laid with dynomatt. Overall im very happy.
So i now have a set of stock downpipes with good cats and precats, but needs new flexies for sale.

Couple of limbs :O
Just over £2,400 all in.
The throttle is more responsive than before, not alot of exta power but i allready had a stage 2 prior to this one. Its more the sound which has a loud metalic rasp and louder v8 rumble, the pops are louder to.
I cant say the cabin drone has increased much just below 2k, im thinking about getting the trunk laid with dynomatt. Overall im very happy.
So i now have a set of stock downpipes with good cats and precats, but needs new flexies for sale.

Holy ****! That's a lot of dough, bro! Christ, I can't warrant paying that for an exhaust setup, but I wouldn't mind hearing it

I said i would never do it, only went in to have the piggies done then this happened. Ill do a video at some point. Iv allready posted a vid on utube with the stock dp and milltek catback.

So a little update, all maintenance related so far.

Oil and filter £80
4 wheel alignment £96
O/S window reg yet to be fitted
N/S headlamp yet to be fitted

Hasn't had much attention in the detailing department as I don't get time when I'm home due to doing all the miles at weekend and away from home in the week. However, I washed it at the weekend, lost a load of lacquer and subsequently the bonnet is going to need painting. Great.

Following the alignment I think it's also best to get 4 new tyres too, so they will be in the very near future. Also, 9660 miles since March, averaging 25.4mpg. That's not bad at all!! Although it is all mainly A roads and a bit of motorway.

It'll be getting detailed next weekend on the bank holiday, it deserves it. Plus I hate scratches. Will get the DSLR out for some before and afters