S1 Stage 1 Revo flatspot

mephisto

Reaction score
With 100% throttle accelerating from 0 - x Mph in 1st not so evident but into 2nd hestiation at about 5200 then surges same in 3rd gear. Also running with CAI. Had a recent oil and spark plug change but hasn't improved issue.

Any ideas?

Most of the time if your getting a slight flat spot around 5 -5500k its down to the fuel pressure valve on the inlet.. We normally fit the RS4 OE item which normally solves this problem :)

Reactions: Dan-Jnr
Well.. i called Awesome GTI and ordered a LOBA hpfp. I enquired about the RS4 fuel pressure valve and was advised this was only required for stg 3/4+race usage.

Anyway i fitted my Loba hpfp and cam follower. Zipped up the road..hmm almost the same, hesitation as i kick into 2nd @ 5000 and same in 3rd.. Didnt take for longer blast due to traffic etc. Will try again in morning but not happy. I will most probably drop it into Revo dealer for stage2+ perhaps see then if there are any fault codes. Maybe it will be ok with new map i have no idea.

In the meantime, any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

With any 2.0 tfsi I map now, first thing i do is check the fuelling.. The fuel valve is now becoming a problem certainly with the older ones :)

If you need any advise then please feel free to contact me on 01522 717100