Extreme Parking

Been reading this thread with amusement, because I am exactly the same and have been since my first Audi. People don't understand do they? "Why do you park all the way over there?"

Answer: because I like my car, it cost a lot of money and I want to avoid door dings!

My rules: park away from everyone, try and find an end space if I can, or take two, avoid trees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Bells
That colour looks awesome! One of the best S3's I've seen. Like the matching calipers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How can you see his calipers from that far away? Lol

Reactions: AL_B
After my 2 week old S3 got bumped in a similar situation, I was taking no chances at Leicester forest services
f5433ef8b68d69bad644789e0934ed36.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scottyg, voorhees, Reggieboy71 and 8 others
Managed to go back to back with a friend today !
42b4cf77a9f1af9127e7b54199d24a3e.jpg

Audi S3 MY16 Daytona Grey

Reactions: Scottyg, kwstantinosk89, Audi Bairn and 4 others
Well away from the herd...had to drive past the coned off entrances and then come back on myself:)

IMG 4582

Reactions: Scottyg, Djs3saloon, James.B8 and 4 others
Thought I had found the perfect spot, came back to this, you couldn't make it up!!

Screen Shot 2017 07 01 at 180802

Reactions: The Kendragon, Lhasa2008, richinsoton and 12 others
Empty car wash bays at the mall in Bristol !

Attachments

• IMG_3251.JPG
    IMG_3251.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 159
Reactions: James.B8, S32B, kwstantinosk89 and 1 other person
Risky parking though, that! They might think you want it washed! :O

Reactions: BarryG79, SamR92, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
74c37cf9c00509438a7dd203b26c084e.jpg

Parking at Fleet Services - any closer to the motorway and I'd have parked on the slip road off the M3!

Reactions: JDHOWELLS, MattSedg and Audi Bairn
74c37cf9c00509438a7dd203b26c084e.jpg

Parking at Fleet Services - any closer to the motorway and I'd have parked on the slip road off the M3!

Yours is fine, perfectly acceptable. Wonder if the guys in the minibus or moterhome have posted on their respective forums lol

Reactions: craigwhelan and Tom.H
A trip to the dreaded garden centre at the weekend. The location where old people go to, once they have long forgotten what mirrors, indicators and eyes are for.
j3D-C5LU3bNPBoDJUtrtQK8utGTZODyWkvT456UUaCSLqfitTHODKaCypPLvOu9gPMJCBoeDepMXBYmCOp63QBTgn6VXdsesvplZp89zPK7DYPQLcFC_9ojB51C-jWznfdRGh_5RF184C9su1y_KhiJU3ub5Jy2ro5jDy5gQG8qtK3t1cq_m0_8wEYBV-8mMaR-fs6bVObexDF1QP-T92f1BWKXDCW6HHTPpFUhoLfYldyQuk866QiCVUdpUZTpLZCgOUiOgXu5wkAZvr6plnl7Oj7Mt6KTN_3Xf17g4vxDG8OeV7mgmXe1pSxzeXMfaDfPc65PFyVfBRExveuePQQz_r9g_KsAplZ799g-30pdEV-E1Vp8AbJ5rLlLoi4kTsLdYnmRH-jcKQ4IHWNfUbgSmlV5i15pwKCLOHYs6SXzJMseSBAoSpyU38EdHCJCeee3UH9-v0Te2E_816uJgQCWN6nYgyx6mlt8allvJSQbC4qM1jo4v_OEa-4eApKVP0QBRoyN867GU3DJTZiW4Vh2DuV9PtMwivDiealHon69E91BQjBMSJYCWnhtAl0TrwA2t5yyX0gtXtqSQz-eP6Yyumr4guDnvjgC-Sfbj_apsNLeBkac7sCEQ=w1255-h834-no

Fortunately I found a great spot, too far away from the door for the majority.
zlDWDujq1Ai0-xgS_f9ooX7gvS91V7nQNVixCZdPa0XvFzlyMWOVlMLkNweJxjyB0PgIW5ITwbc2ZrKMGFjqAvT4RSZrfxuWavY9fIDbvRsU699FrjqviqRoRyz2GaUQeIlVI3Oubx1s9iIrlgDQe7q4KvtnlXwjWRMQSyhlTdGrW0H6GjK4fmyYdLzroIOPTsAnI5DSQ9Lt4jRn1burTCqxR0WlY0KP1rWTVQf1NBia5IDzrpexRIf_OGNoo11uzsji_Ga-rTfqThVSMXUtA8G2yfYJs5nXqPN_DLpDPKXU-46wPfuZPG81NP2c7BX21P3lnvRrZl-wXza_Rz97wS_rrkC4-mzndPhqTfiTaEdL7nV0RkTwLcWyi42FbhoZUx2wd7cr9js3gV6fbQPa75-5PgRpcqrCIhMEMuOexZyAzYPcc23utSASE0YeqTDRLz2ctL24sRO2C-eJ8Jf758pg5V3JeOh1tfWr-iXgWf4Q3msBhZk_IWzrAVZlvSwlh42qvyKFBf8NMFcB3D6kQEsZXjf7RV_WkaECbIs8W5iedDai3Ab1JVm3oxtMF0bWL28SZKl07EHUK0c3nKE0HCQeWLnoPw-GJk8-CXc4vpabpmRp_J9Mn9LJ=w1154-h821-no

Still didn't stop three cars on the way out trying to drive into me though! doh!

Reactions: Scottyg, Wood_Duck, Reggieboy71 and 4 others
shopping outlet parking- spot the Audi

IMG 0385

Reactions: Audi Bairn, craigwhelan, Reggieboy71 and 1 other person
Went for the exposed option and it seemed to work.
IMG 0158

Reactions: Reggieboy71
LOL this thread is me all over! Gonna have to start taking pictures.

Work parking is a nightmare of epic proportions with spaces oversubscribed by about 3-to-1 so people turn up stupidly early to try to bag a spot. Luckily I've managed to bag a reserved space for myself which is one of a couple of parallel spaces at the side of the building so no one is next to me \o/

At my local supermarket, I'm always parking on the ends of rows where there's a cross-hatched section. I'll actually park with a couple of wheel on the cross-hatching which gives me a good few feet of space on the other side. They've actually got dedicated wide spaces now, which are a thing of wonder if you can grab one.

Reactions: Reggieboy71, kwstantinosk89 and Audi Bairn
lol I like the way you parked right on the line as well, just to make sure no small car gets in there :)
Haha yeah and to make sure there's extra room passenger side to avoid that pillar too ;)

I actually made her get out before I parked to be extra safe haha! Just for when we returned
My wife drives me mad when I say "Watch your door as you get out", to which she replies "Well I've got to get out"...as if that makes it OK to bash the door against the wall, fence, bush etc.

Reactions: Reggieboy71, James.B8, Audi Bairn and 2 others
c8898d393efa65aa32de3b01ce8d9625.jpg

I spy with my little eye something beginning with Tesco Camelon and that's usually the space I park in too when passing through :salute:

Reactions: Reggieboy71 and BarryG79
I spy with my little eye something beginning with Tesco Camelon and that's usually the space I park in too when passing through :salute:

Hawk eye lol
Yeah mine too when flying solo but parent and child when family is on board.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
My wife drives me mad when I say "Watch your door as you get out", to which she replies "Well I've got to get out"...as if that makes it OK to bash the door against the wall, fence, bush etc.
Haha they'll never understand :innocent:

Reactions: Tom.H, Audi Bairn and Reggieboy71
I'm always trying to get as far away from other people as possible too, girlfriend hates it though.

My gym car park has a few double spaces in between pillars, you could have 2 cars in there but there's no line so you can use it as one. It's either that or the top floor. But despite my efforts the drivers side is still covered in dings that appear out of nowhere :blink:

Reactions: Audi Bairn and James.B8
My usual OOH work parking

IMG 0440

Reactions: jjc86, jjhwk__, James.B8 and 2 others
The perfect spot, could have parked a lot more defensively
Point Blur Aug122017 205401
Point Blur Aug122017 205502

Reactions: Djs3saloon, BarryG79, James.B8 and 6 others
The perfect spot, could have parked a lot more defensively
View attachment 133429 View attachment 133430
Last week I parked in a spot similar to that, there was a space on the end but the bushes came out into the space, so I parked in the next space down. Came back to the car with my wife and some idiot had parked/squeezed next to me! His drivers side was pushed against the bushes, I started moaning to the wife saying "Look at this idiot parked here, why would you park like that when nothing is on the other side of me?". I then thought about this thread and got my phone out to take a pic, it was at this point I noticed the driver was in the car and all the windows were down :whistle2: He would have heard everything I said lol :D

Reactions: kwstantinosk89, jjhwk__, BarryG79 and 3 others
Last week I parked in a spot similar to that, there was a space on the end but the bushes came out into the space, so I parked in the next space down. Came back to the car with my wife and some idiot had parked/squeezed next to me! His drivers side was pushed against the bushes, I started moaning to the wife saying "Look at this idiot parked here, why would you park like that when nothing is on the other side of me?". I then thought about this thread and got my phone out to take a pic, it was at this point I noticed the driver was in the car and all the windows were down :whistle2: He would have heard everything I said lol :D
Gotta let em know!