Bluetooth Phone Prep??

Charlie23

Reaction score
hi guys bit of help needed,

My last few Audis have had the big stupid phone block on the dash but no RNSE in them,

Just bought my S3 and I have the Satnav plus unit and there's a phone base in the arm rest, does this mean I have the Bluetooth system??

Just trying to pair my phone and it does not find anything and the Satnav mentions telephone not available when the TEL button pressed?

Any help much appreciated.

If you cant find audi uhv in pairing with your handset, then its not fitted, however I can supply/fit the audi latest bt system for you, PM if interested.

Have you tried pairing straight after the ignition is turned on and not moving?

Reactions: lucky_bob
Not that Im an expert on these but give me a shout if you need help figuring it out. As you can see I've contributed quite a lot to that thread :p

Still won't work guys. Tried everything! I have added pics of what I got in the car etc and what the screen mentions. Also the voice command on the steering wheel doesn't work or do anything also???

Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    962 KB · Views: 638
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    726.2 KB · Views: 249
Hmmm interesting. Im just trying to remember what mine said before I got it configured. What happens if you press the Setup button while in Telephone mode?

ok, first press tel, then setup, then telephone settings, bluetooth pin entry, bluetooth pin, enter your new pin, so now u know ur pin :)
...search for bluetooth devices on ur phone, it will come up audi UHV something, press pair, type in ur pin n job done ;)
...all this needs to be done in first few min when u turn on ur car ;) c how u get on, there is a default settings option as well try to reset ur settings if u cant connect at first :)

the only thing is where ur note is ''telephone is not available'' mine when not connected is ''your telephone may not be connected or attached properly'', dunno if that matters or not... try above c wot happens...

...voice command works when u connect ur phone bud, there is command list it understands, press the button on wheel, voice will come up speak a command, it will show n tell the commands on screen... it will sync with ur phone book :)

Hmm maybe its not been coded in properly so the car doesn't know about the telephone? Or maybe it really isn't there. Though everything suggests it should work.

may just need coding or the BT module is either faulty or someone may have ripped it out.

Only way to check is with VCDS or start ripping the carpet up under the drivers seat footwell to physically see the module. It could have also simply had an armrest retrofitted which had the base for the phone cradle to clip to. Without knowing the history of the car its hard to say

Yes i know what your saying mate, could be 1 of many things.

Its no big deal has the AUX port so thats all that matters to me haha.

Fells totaly different car to drive compared to my last one though.

Where abouts are your Charlie? My mate can check what you have installed in minutes.