2013 S4 Zenons

wild westie

Reaction score
I was out saturday night driving down an unlit section of the A3, when a new merc came along side.
Wow his headlamps were bright white and made my zenons look as if they were ordinary bulbs.
Is there an upgraded bulb to replace the original? and are there any down sides to fitting them?

Could be as the rears are leds, bit it has headlamp washers and when you turn them on it goes through a set up procedure up and down etc.
How can you tell?

Popped the back of the headlamp and they are Zenons, so does anyone know the size bulb fitted and where I can get a white set from?

I think what scotty76 meant was, are you sure the mercs lights weren't Leds, the merc Leds seem to be very bright and very blue, similar output colour to 8000k HIDs. A multitude of high powered Leds in a headlight will be a lot brighter than a single xenon bulb.

I changed my xenons to 5000k bulbs, they are nice and white, I did not notice any improvement in brightness though.

I was unimpressed overall with the Audi xenons, they are nowhere near as bright as the xenons in my old 09 Saab 9-3, although the Saab had the help of a halogen full beam bulb as well as the bi-xenon bulb, whereas the Audi only has the bi-xenon bulb.

Last edited:
Reactions: scotty76
Brennan you are probably right. Interesting info on bulbs. But I love your wheels, did they come from USA?

I believe the standard audi xenons are 4300K. When 1 of my bulbs started flickering I had them both changed for a pair of 6000k versions (from eBay) whilst the car was in for a service. The light is a much brighter white, matches the LED sidelights better.

The garage initially told me they would have to take the bumper off, and take the headlights out to swap the bulbs. However, found an easier way online somewhere, sent to the guy at the garage and he managed to save some time on the labour in the end.