My car is missing some spec! What do I do?

How about these? I've only just discovered this green!

Emerald Green
18fzfegxlms5ijpg.jpg

Porsche Purple Amethyst
audi-s8-exclusive-porsche-amethyst-metallic-fletcher-jones-audi-6.jpg

Merlin Purple
B_7OO-RXIAIjXBe.jpg

Turquoise Mica
358w0mr.jpg

Last edited:
I just emailed my wife the porsche purple.. v nice! Might get that on my next TT..

Bu there are so many more nice colours to choose from though. tough decision..

Reactions: naughts4187
I just emailed my wife the porsche purple.. v nice! Might get that on my next TT..

Bu there are so many more nice colours to choose from though. tough decision..
I think the Porsche colours are an extra £500. @The Challinor was yours an extra cost?

Reactions: The Challinor
Not to everyones taste but the Porsche Sport Classic Grey does it for me...

It seems you like something a little shinier though. Emmerald Green or the Porsche Purple gets my vote

sportclassic.jpg

Dark Red Mica is nice

audi-rs5-b8-2012-c164810072014224230_3.jpg

Reactions: naughts4187 and The Challinor
Not to everyones taste but the Porsche Sport Classic Grey does it for me...

It seems you like something a little shinier though. Emmerald Green or the Porsche Purple gets my vote

sportclassic.jpg

Dark Red Mica is nice

audi-rs5-b8-2012-c164810072014224230_3.jpg

Yes I do love the grey colour but you're right I like my shiny deeper colours! Saw Red Mica when I placed my order, was lovely but not 100% sure. I think I'm going to go see the Merlin S3 in the showroom at York this weekend and have a proper look at it. Emerald is really starting to sway my decision though!

Reactions: Vins
Apparently once the salesman has enter all the order options, which you then sign, this information is then re-entered into the Audi system. Couldn't believe in this day and age that they use two independent systems.

Every time we be changed something on my order from Northampton I get both the dealer form and the print off of the audi order system to check and sign. I suspect exactly because the issues above have happened.

Good result on your car @naughts4187

I'd go merlin purple saw 666rs in Kettering the other day. Looked awesome. If I could have squeezed my budget a bit more I'd have gone exclusive.

Reactions: Rob2k68
I really like that Emerald Green! :thumbs up:

There is a company that offers a retro fit for the Audi Connect with Google Maps http://jku.com.au/genuine-audi-oem-a3-8v-navigation-retrofit-with-google-8v0035021.html Only it is in Australia and it is with used component's with no clues as too how it is done. Another is Aussie world one athttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Audi-Con...07?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3f4881e207 and then there is this https://shops.audi.com/en_GB/web/zu...internet-access--installation-kit-8v0063763-9 that Audi supply for the A3 8V however I think it is only internet and wifi hotspot access. I've just been cruising through a Google search to see if there are any options for retro fitting the Connect, not for the OP though. Came across some interesting stuff here http://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/audi-retrofits as well..

Last edited:
It's a new car! I'm staying in this one until the new one arrives. I'm tempted to change colour now as I'll be able to keep this one for 5 months. Or I just join team Sepang and have one within 2 months....

I have to say York Audi have handled this one really well.

Now it's a tough call, do I order the same colour / spec?
If I go Sepang I can add LED headlights... decisions decisions...
Nice one :thumbs up:

Pleased you've got the result you want buddy

Talking about violet colours, my vote goes to Venetian violet :thumbs up:

12811866445_6df5fe36a7_z.jpg

Apparently once the salesman has enter all the order options, which you then sign, this information is then re-entered into the Audi system. Couldn't believe in this day and age that they use two independent systems.

That's how my order got messed up too, Southampton Audi got it wrong manually copying the details from the configurator to the order system. Quite how they're not linked electronically in this age I don't know.

Yes I do love the grey colour but you're right I like my shiny deeper colours! Saw Red Mica when I placed my order, was lovely but not 100% sure. I think I'm going to go see the Merlin S3 in the showroom at York this weekend and have a proper look at it. Emerald is really starting to sway my decision though!

Evening Naughts

Was a bit gutted for you initially, but I'm getting the vibe that you're not that unhappy with the opportunity to change the custom colour?

All in all, another 5 months with the car you've got, to be replaced with what you can probably wangle as a 65 plate seems a fair result for their **** up. Keen to see what you go with this time.

You going to fit the 19s, or keep them waiting for the next car? :p

Porcshe purple looks epic. But what would it look like on an s3. Seen a r8 in purple and I thought ewwww... Before.

Evening Naughts

Was a bit gutted for you initially, but I'm getting the vibe that you're not that unhappy with the opportunity to change the custom colour?

All in all, another 5 months with the car you've got, to be replaced with what you can probably wangle as a 65 plate seems a fair result for their **** up. Keen to see what you go with this time.

You going to fit the 19s, or keep them waiting for the next car? :p

Evening @Steph67 - I was gutted initially too, I can always re-order the custom colour, however I do get very bored, very quickly, it's inherited from my old man! I see it as an opportunity to own another colour, I think I have a mission of having a different colour every time :uk:.

I'm honestly torn, I do love the Cherry Black, however the colour simply doesn't work with the S3 wheels, and I'm slightly worried about the BBS ones too as they are the same tone. I think I will fit the 19's onto this car for a few weeks and see how I like them. Are you still loving yours? How did you get on with the spacers?

Reactions: Steph67
I really like that Emerald Green! :thumbs up:
I know, it's really unique, however I've never seen this colour and going for my current colour was tough enough without seeing it, at least it's subtle...

Reactions: Blackwhite
Probably not available as a paint colour but i saw a GTR today in what looked like a cherry red matt. Looked amazing :)

Standard paint and go for a wrap??

Why doesn't my Black Cherry look like this?! It's such a different look when it's not sunny. Seeing this colour is making me want to keep mine and hope the sun starts to shine!
media

Evening @Steph67 - I was gutted initially too, I can always re-order the custom colour, however I do get very bored, very quickly, it's inherited from my old man! I see it as an opportunity to own another colour, I think I have a mission of having a different colour every time :uk:.

I'm honestly torn, I do love the Cherry Black, however the colour simply doesn't work with the S3 wheels, and I'm slightly worried about the BBS ones too as they are the same tone. I think I will fit the 19's onto this car for a few weeks and see how I like them. Are you still loving yours? How did you get on with the spacers?

Gotta say, I like the black cherry a lot. It's all about personal taste, if I was going a custom colour it'd be matt sepang or matt daytona, but that's just me. That said, you could get a decent matt wrap and a holiday for the price of Audi paint. ;)

I've put the 10mm on the back and gone 8mm up front, and no more rubbing and it feels much better all round.

How long do you reckon York will let you have to decide on final colour?

Reactions: Pulp84
Why doesn't my Black Cherry look like this?! It's such a different look when it's not sunny. Seeing this colour is making me want to keep mine and hope the sun starts to shine!
media

Your situation reminds me a lot of mine. Years ago I ordered a Corvette in
Dark Claret. (similar to your's). It also seemed to look darker at first. But I
tell you, when the sun was out ------ it looked sweet! At first I wasn't sure
but was so glad that I ordered that color.

Gotta say, I like the black cherry a lot. It's all about personal taste, if I was going a custom colour it'd be matt sepang or matt daytona, but that's just me. That said, you could get a decent matt wrap and a holiday for the price of Audi paint. ;)

I've put the 10mm on the back and gone 8mm up front, and no more rubbing and it feels much better all round.

How long do you reckon York will let you have to decide on final colour?

Great to hear you've got no rubbing now. I'll certainly be giving that a try on the new car, just stick with wheels on the current. I would have thought York would want me to decide this week, I think they were quite surprised when I said I would come back to them.

I've decided on my colour, for now! I'm going to stick with Black Cherry but add the black pack. Then the only silver on the car will be the 4 rings, the mirrors and then the BBS CH-Rs :) #stealthmode. Another member on here asked why spend £2k on a colour that looks similar to others, but that's what I want, blending in for most of the time and BAM when the sun comes out it's there.

Here's an RS6 on Autotrader which looks like my colour, I'm calling them tomorrow to confirm. It works so well with the black,
media

Should look something like this (showing Phantom Black here)
media

RS5 in black cherry.
media

Last edited:
Reactions: Steph67 and Blackwhite
Nice one :thumbs up:

Pleased you've got the result you want buddy

Talking about violet colours, my vote goes to Venetian violet :thumbs up:

12811866445_6df5fe36a7_z.jpg

Thanks BH, there's a cracking community feel back here now, I felt it lost it over Xmas time. Really great suggestions including yours, a little too blue for me, I like my Bordeaux's 'glug glug'...

Porsche Amethyst is a beauty but I think I'll leave that for when I get a Porsche ;)

I'd go merlin purple saw 666rs in Kettering the other day. Looked awesome. If I could have squeezed my budget a bit more I'd have gone exclusive.
His RS6 is insanely nice isn't it!

@naughts4187 Glad you came to a decision buddy. How long is your wait going to be now?

11055768_349117605278473_1450049634_n.jpg

media

Think you need to wait on the sun coming out to play mate, then you'll see the paint 'pop'

Looking at that RS6 Naughts - I think Audi mixed too much black in your colour!

Just been trying to work out how to do Audi Connect on my car, been out and found there is no sim slot in the glove box.

Checked my Audi code of ACPNU2YP which was the original order email exchange and it definitely shows it there!

Because I negotiated a discount I didn't realise on the order form that it just said Technology Pack, not the Audi Connect. What do I do? The whole reason I ordered this was because I need to travel for work, and have the ability to have staff working on the move. Plus I've paid for it in the price. The only thing is, I signed the order form saying without connect. Where do I stand on this? Can it be retro fitted?

Thanks in advance.
Double checked with my Dealer (who is great) that what is on their order form is what is in the Audi System... Yes it is... Hopefully no surprises!!

How about magnetic blue off the Clubsport :cool::cool::cool:

Don't think this has been done before ;)

Reactions: AndyB-S3, naughts4187 and Vins
That is how I felt with my Dark Claret Corvette. I was the only one
around with that color. Loved it.
But now I won't be the only one! haha there will be another one on York audi forecourt in September. My plan is scuppered!

How about magnetic blue off the Clubsport :cool::cool::cool:

Don't think this has been done before ;)

It's very tempting, but I think I would want the flared arches and mean looks. Also it's a blue which I'm trying to avoid. Not that I don't like it.

@Bristle Hound do you know what colour this RS6 is? I rang today and they were more than unhelpful, just told me it was an exclusive colour and they didn't know. http://helloluxury.co.uk/cars/audi-rs6-avant-4-0-tfsi-quattro-560-ps/

DSC_0498-1024x680.jpg

Heres a few cherry pics I had saved, when I was looking for a Rs3...these look different to the colour above:

149-24602_4533510.jpg

img_9511_8513medium.jpg

img_9513_8513medium.jpg