S3 Brake Pads Recommendations

Mario8P

Reaction score
Hey guys

I've been lurking around reading random reviews of different brake pads brands, and there are loads of different opinions and reviews.
Am looking to upgrade my pads to something more spirited driving / road racing oriented, while keep the noise down, and try reduce brake dust.

Would appreciate to hear what you guys are currently running. And what is your initial thoughts.

Hi Mario.

If you can find Mintex 1155 pads to fit they should work well.

Reactions: Mario8P
EBC replied to my email when I asked about the Redstuff. They recommended the yellowstuff instead as it had a better cold bite than the reds.

Anyone tried them before?

I'll plug carbotech bobcats. great bite, rotor friendly, low dust and best thing is you can use their track pads without the need to rebed...just plug and play

EBC replied to my email when I asked about the Redstuff. They recommended the yellowstuff instead as it had a better cold bite than the reds.

Anyone tried them before?

I take what EBC say with a pinch of salt .

I swapped out dusty Yellowstuff for low dust , ceramic ,Redstuff and found better cold bite .

Redstuff is a street pad so it's always going to have good cold bite.

I'll plug carbotech bobcats. great bite, rotor friendly, low dust and best thing is you can use their track pads without the need to rebed...just plug and play
The only downside of carbotech pads is the price

I take what EBC say with a pinch of salt .

I swapped out dusty Yellowstuff for low dust , ceramic ,Redstuff and found better cold bite .

Redstuff is a street pad so it's always going to have good cold bite.
That's what I thought so. As thats what their catalog states.

How does the Redstuff treat the rotors?

Good.

Pads and make of discs is always a compatability thing.