Ash187's A5 Sportback

The car is looking awesome Ash. I have read your progress in all your cars over the years and they have all been very special in different ways. I seriously would find it difficult to choose a favourite, but this current car is slightly ahead. :)

So I have another major update!

I finally got around to finish collecting the parts and did my massive custom facelift!
With the help of Trups from EM Tuning I had my custom headlights made up... not completely finished yet but they still look awesome!

Before:
IMG_2146.jpg

After:
IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

As you can see there are some special touches to the headlights... honeycomb projectors, demon eye projectors, headlight interior painted black, inside LED DRL disabled, Audi Retrofits logo in the edge trim with honeycomb design and colour changing DRL which also flashes amber when indicating. I will get a video of it all once it properly completed.
The bumper is from Caractere.

Second up I have custom made door handle LED exterior handles which activate with the coming home lights to give a true puddle light... no more stepping into puddles when going to the car at night! They match the design of the OEM A7 exterior handle lights but are brighter than those from Audi. These are available for all A4 & A5 B8 cars, with or without keyless entry.

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_3069.jpg

Finally I have had the flat bottom steering wheel retrimmed to a Alcantara with the red band at 12 O'clock position

Before:
IMG_2495.jpg

After:
IMG_2937.jpg

This is a thicker wheel now and feels so much better. The original fully perforated wheel was getting worn out and this was a much welcomed upgrade.

There are some more upgrades in progress... will upload them once they are complete.

Reactions: Alva78, MuPPeT_ON_TouR, Swanny356 and 2 others
Wow!

You've amazed me yet again Ash:respekt:

The front suits the car sooooooo well.

I once again have grill and light envy just like before!:hubbahubba:

Can I make two requests though please?

1) Stop putting things on like this that I now have to do to mine :yahoo:

2) Tidy up that work bench in the first picture :whip:

Keep up the good work

PS - I bet you wish you'd fitted those alcantara seats in this weather :blush:

Now that is a man dedicated to his craft right there.

Those headlights are to die for :hearteyes:

Well done @Ash187

never been a fan of 4 doors... but I like this. That front end is serious, and them lights. ( I wish there was a banana emoji )

Right so its been ages, the business and family are keeping me extremely busy and I barely have any time to come onto the forums anymore.

The car has had a couple more updates since the last time I posted...

first was the dynamic tail lights:

I had to get the front bumper resprayed as the first time it was done so badly that the paint flaked off, I replaced the grill after an idiot reversed into it and cracked it. the replacement grill came with black rings so it changed the look a bit. I also fitted a flip out number plate

https://www.dropbox.com/s/97qr1zrkmicgzx2/IMG_4987.mov?raw=1

but its been just over 4 and a half years with the car and its time to sell...
so I will be advertising the car here along in several different other places... for anyone interested or knows of someone who will be interested please message me here or on ash@audi-retrofits.co.uk

I will not be breaking the car for parts.