Stretching tyres

Gogs_e

Reaction score
hi all,

I've recently bought a set of Stuttgart st9's for my audi s3 8p.

Iam looking to stretch the tyres and I haven't a clue what size to buy. Did a quick Google search but didn't come up with an answer.

The size of the wheels are:
Front: 18 x 8 42
Back: 18 x 9 40

I'm wanting a noticable stretch but not too much so I can drive the car daily. If anyone could help that would be great

Thanks

205/40 on the 8's and 215/40 on the 9's would be my choice.

Bit of stretch but not crazy. Certainly nothing to get you in trouble with 'da po po' :)

205/40 on the 8's and 215/40 on the 9's would be my choice.

Bit of stretch but not crazy. Certainly nothing to get you in trouble with 'da po po' :)
Ahhhh, thank you! I'll give that a go and see how it looks.

Thanks

Had stretch on my old b8, 225s on all 4 9.5j wheels. They looked ok but it felt quite unstable at speed going around a bend. The car tends to lean over on the tyres.

Looks great if you have the car really low on wide wheels. Wouldn't recommend the, for a daily driver though.

Had stretch on my old b8, 225s on all 4 9.5j wheels. They looked ok but it felt quite unstable at speed going around a bend. The car tends to lean over on the tyres.

Looks great if you have the car really low on wide wheels. Wouldn't recommend the, for a daily driver though.
Yeah I have heard that too much stretch can really through off your speedo.

Still shopping about so I'll see what I can find.

Thanks

Too much of a stretch can look like you've fitted wheel barrow tyres on your rims.i pass a guy the odd morning driving a B7 saloon rocking a set of rota's with stretched tyres. Looks well,but he never seems to be driving too fast.