Engine Bay Rain Cover

Acuity

Reaction score
Hi

I have seen a few threads on here about getting these covers, and thought i would say that i picked up mine today from the Audi dealer for a total of £26.53 inc Vat

This was for the rain cover/Scuttle i think the chap referred it as, and the Battery cover. I was actually surprised with the size of it wasn't expecting it to cover the whole of the back of the engine bay, sure the images i looked at were not that big

I also inquired about the power steering cover on the right, i didn't go for that as he said it was for RS4 and not sure of fitment on mine and couldn't return if it didn't fit, and was about £30. so happy with what i have so far

Anyway sorry if its old news, thought id share

James
FullSizeRender

Reactions: variosso
That's good value.Wouldnt want to leave this area exposed but still glad I have got the bungs out of here at last but still need to keep the side channels clear

I think the power steering cover is the RS4 one.Have a look on the part numbers thread for the number.

Reactions: Acuity
You can get the cover for the drivers side also, but you need to get a new top-half of the air intake pipe, as it has a fitting to hold the cover!

That's good value.Wouldn't want to leave this area exposed but still glad I have got the bungs out of here at last but still need to keep the side channels clear

I do need to clean the area before fitting this, i've already removed probably ten years worth of built up dirt and debris from under the Pollen filter housing. And there's plenty more Engine bay cleaning to do, got splats of oil in places i should really check out.

You can get the cover for the drivers side also, but you need to get a new top-half of the air intake pipe, as it has a fitting to hold the cover!

Yes ive seen this cover too, may do that eventually
I am surprised the amount of wires not covered up, and the battery in particular which does get wet from rain water when Bonnet opened.

Cheers

You need the top half of the air feed that goes into the air box with the below part number to fit the aircon pipe cover.

What's the part number for this please? It's something I would have never bothered with in the past, but seens I have my whole life in this car now, I guess this little addition would just finish it off.

Started cleaning today and removing Debris, both top corners of the wings were pretty clogged up, and then found what looked like drain holes, cleared what i could out, and poured a little water on windscreen. it trickled out from underneath the car , but it didn't look like it went via the hole at top of the wing, but more under the ECU. is that right?

Is it ok to pour more water in these areas there for testing, i don't believe i have any water coming in the car, but its 99% parked in a car port so would escape rain fall

Also is it worth taking the ECU cover off on the right to help with cleaning, i took three bolts off, but there might be a fourth somewhere, so i have left alone for time being.

I'm holding off putting my nice new cover on till its clean.image is after clearing out the debris

(just read about these grommets that is advised to remove, so going to look for them)
FullSizeRender

Last edited:
There are two drains. One is underneath the brake servo and the other is under the battery tray. There is a channel under the ecu so the water runs down it. I would remove the drains like you say and flush the area clean. You will have to remove the battery and the tray to get to that one, the other you can see from passenger side below the servo the a pipe running though it.
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-...-every-a4-b6-owner-affected-common-fault.html