Where is best to get parts for my 51plate S3

Callum83

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals. I'm new to here so be nice please ;)

I have a 51plate s3 and I've always been told that when I need a part for the car i.e springs etc they need to come from audi is this true or is my local garage having a laugh rubbing their hands together. Any advice welcome. Cheers in advance.

Some parts are only available from Audi, most genuine Audi parts are made by someone else anyway and are then available after market at half the price, and then you've got your real cheap after market parts which are generally best avoided...

it depends what you want really, but spring you should be able to get decent ones after market, and probably even the same one Audi would be selling you...

Reactions: Callum83
Some parts are only available from Audi, most genuine Audi parts are made by someone else anyway and are then available after market at half the price, and then you've got your real cheap after market parts which are generally best avoided...

it depends what you want really, but spring you should be able to get decent ones after market, and probably even the same one Audi would be selling you...
Thanks for getting back to me.... I actually need a new wishbone and spring. Would i best be looking on here for these parts or eBay etc?

Personally those types of parts are worth getting from the Audi dealer or TPS. Genuine parts from these places come with a two year warranty. If I'm getting a performance part I'll get it from a reputable manufacturer. I generally avoid pattern parts unless it's a trivial part, but this is just my preference.

Personally those types of parts are worth getting from the Audi dealer or TPS. Genuine parts from these places come with a two year warranty. If I'm getting a performance part I'll get it from a reputable manufacturer. I generally avoid pattern parts unless it's a trivial part, but this is just my preference.
Thanks for your input. Will have a shop around and see what's what

If you are going for standard springs you would be best getting Audi parts as there are so many different ratings, it's based on the number and colour of dots on the springs.