Our roads

S3 AEX

Reaction score
Car was fine this morning, then on way back from work on a crap road car bumping all over noticed when I pulled up a slight blowing from exhaust. Upon further inspection I've noticed a small crack just at the mesh part on the cat..

Now do I just replace the cat or ****** it off all together and get a down pipe and sports cat which I know would require me to get a map?

Cheers for any advice guys/girls of all ages races and sizes........ ;)

and we pay car tax for the potholes . they would rather put an extra lane on the motorway but restrict speed to 50 mph ,loads of bo778cks

Reactions: S3 AEX
Ran my sports cat with an angled lambda spacer for months without the light coming on, may as well upgrade now if you were going to in future.

Ran my sports cat with an angled lambda spacer for months without the light coming on, may as well upgrade now if you were going to in future.
Have you got a 3" DP with it smurf or the standard one? Where did u buy the angled spacer?

Have you got a 3" DP with it smurf or the standard one? Where did u buy the angled spacer?

Yeah got a BCS powervalve which has a 3" DP, bought it from eBay, best thing about the angled one is you can get it well away from the flow of gasses so it shouldn't detect the increase.

Yeah got a BCS powervalve which has a 3" DP, bought it from eBay, best thing about the angled one is you can get it well away from the flow of gasses so it shouldn't detect the increase.
Cheers smurf I'll have a look at them then.

Cheers smurf I'll have a look at them then.

Here's the exact one I've got http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=251317486150

Good thing about it is you can position it any way you want, I've got mine so the cable is towards the front of the car so the sensor part of the lambda is facing the same way the gasses are flowing so it doesn't enter the sensor.

Made sure it was stainless so it wouldn't weld it's self to the stainless downpipe over time. Put a bit of copper grease on the thread too so the stainless doesn't fire up when trying to remove it.

Here's the exact one I've got http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=251317486150

Good thing about it is you can position it any way you want, I've got mine so the cable is towards the front of the car so the sensor part of the lambda is facing the same way the gasses are flowing so it doesn't enter the sensor.

Made sure it was stainless so it wouldn't weld it's self to the stainless downpipe over time. Put a bit of copper grease on the thread too so the stainless doesn't fire up when trying to remove it.
Your a star mate thanks a lot. Think I'm going to look at the pipe werx or cobra DP and cat then mate it to the back box, I just can't stretch my budget for the bcs as I've got tax test insurance new tyres and a ****** steering rack to sort all next month..

Reactions: smurfworth