140 TDI Remap Advice

Audi33

Reaction score
Hello, im interested in getting a general idea of what people on here with 140 tdis would advise about a remap, interms of gains etc

planning on having mine done some point soon (140 tdi 2005 BLB). I will be going for a custom remap, roughly around 170-175 ish rather than stressing other engine componets majorly.

The car has a straight through pipe fitted,egr blanked & recon turbo already which is a bonus.

The question i havent got an answer for as of yet is, will a standard clutch be able to handle that sort of power without it slipping? i will be putting in a new clutch prior to the remap so such weighing up my options about the best route to take, if i can get away with a standard clutch id rather much rather take that option ;)

Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated.

Any decent tuner knows what is safe torque for a clutch, if it's not a new clutch and the worst happens that it slips it can be dialed back
I see where your coming from, but whilst i was talking to the tuner he was pushing to sell me a clutch which sounded like a stage 2 clutch, i was thinking if i could get away with a standard one as i aint going for a stage 2 remap.

To be honest you know your car' does the clutch seem fine' if so go for the map, if it slips do the clutch, I've known a lot of cars with plenty of miles on be fine running high torque
Well tbh its the original clutch still in there since day one, no history of it being replaced, but on really cold mornings i do get a dual mass vibration until it warms up then its fine.

I had my a3 140bhp mapped at my house for £150. It pulled a lot better and was about 175 bhp and was well worth it. Your clutch should be fine but don't expect it to turn into an animal, and no dpf like the 170bhp has. The best bit is the torque.

I had my a3 140bhp mapped at my house for £150. It pulled a lot better and was about 175 bhp and was well worth it. Your clutch should be fine but don't expect it to turn into an animal, and no dpf like the 170bhp has. The best bit is the torque.
Well by the looks of it people have been getting away with standard clutches so guess ill go for it