porsche brakes

s3coop

Reaction score
hi all, my question is will boxster non s front calipers fit the lcr carriers and if so will they bolt on to my s3 with lcr discs with no unswept disc or overhang. Thanks.

highly highly unlikely that they will bolt up to the LCR carriers and be anywhere near correct mate.

Also, non S calipers will always have an unsightly band of unswept disc area around the inside.

They're also not that great.

You're welcome :racer:

I bet they will physically bolt up, Brembos use a pretty standard bolt spacing.

I had Boxster Carriers 312mm and both the LCR brembos and Boxter calipers mounted fine on 312mm discs with them.
Both had unswept area though and the LCR brembos would have required about 20mm spacers to fit under the stock 16" wheels

LCR Brembos on 312mm discs with Boxster adapters

D9241CFA-E2D7-4CAE-8AA7-2930CFD950E2_zpsbx9uf44x.jpg

nice one thanks lads, I have read that boxster fronts have 28mm wide discs and our 312mm discs are only 25mm wide so wont that be a problem. I couldn't find a definate answer and because the lcr has brembos as standard I thought it would all fit. If I get 312 black diamond discs then the unswept area should still be covered in black so shouldn't be an mot faliure I hope. Also what pads are used with boxster fronts and 312 discs. I have read the definitive brake guide but not too much info on brembos. Thanks for the answers.

oh and i have 17" boxster twists with the adapters set to standard s3 offset which i hope wont be a problem either.

You can use boxster pads and have the unswept area

Or buy modified boxster s pads that sweep it

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111067243808

Prawn us one of the few people on here who ran the boxster calipers and he says they weren't much better than stock.

323mm discs with LCR brembos are the recommended set up, some even use 2 piece 330mm discs and space the caliper out to suit

ok thanks. Its more for the looks and I can pretty much get the whole set up cheaper than what people want for the lcr brembos alone. Cheers guys.