What sort of price should I be looking for, for my 2001 s3 that has been written off?

Callum83

Reaction score
The wife had an accident which ended up in the car being written off. Engine etc are all fine so I bought it back. As I reckon someone with the know how would be able to fix or Id break it up but I'd rather sell it as a whole as it would save a lot of hassle. Getting the car back tomorow with damage report.

Hugely subjective... normally I would point you towards the 'whats it worth thread' and close this as the main section is not the place for this...

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/i-want-to-sell-my-car-whats-it-worth.194709/

The info in it still valid... prices for something like this would be best obtained from the likes of eBay or look on the numerous vag related for sale groups on Facebook (for example...)

A few people have been in the same position and maybe they can give you a guide line as to value but the minute anyone asks for anything off your car I will lock the thread...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Callum83
I think it is difficult to say without further information such as an accurate damage report and knowing under what category was the car written off.

Last year I bought back my Seat Leon Cupra after a prang. Insurance assessors said £2.5k worth of damage (under the way they had to repair it) and classed it as a Cat C. However they explained as they had to repair it to a certain insurance company condition, they had to replace parts that other places could/would repair. So a new bumper was £500 + fitting and painting! And parts such as the hub needed replacement. Whereas the bumper could be repaired and if an undamaged one was required then Ebay has them for <£100. And things such as the hub did not need replacing.

To get the car back on the road 100% fixed condition actually cost me £650 in total. And that wasn't me doing the work but a garage who repaired, rather than replaced. I was recommended this garage by the insurance garage who said it was daft not to get it repaired (elsewhere).

For anyone to want to buy it intact (unless it is for scrap) then folks will likely need to know the real likely cost of repair, and I guess they may need to inspect it themselves to do that. Good luck and I hope it isn't too much hassle.

Reactions: Callum83