Poor radio reception

gooselogan

Reaction score
Been mostly just looking around the forum the last 6 months but now I'm getting fed up with a problem on my Avant.

The problem being the radio reception is pretty poor, used to be good but over the last month or so its gone downhill. Have done a lot of searching and it seems to be common but most of the threads are for the saloons so not much use to me.

Anyone any advice on where I should be looking that could be causing the problem?
I've already changed the amplifier to a supposedly good one and the cable to the rear windows are intact, so now I'm at a loss.

Could be amps, cables, head unit or the rear glass, I would try temp new cables 1st, then maybe another head unit.

Forgot to reply to this, seem to have sorted it now. Turns out it was my usb cigarette lighter charger, with it plugged in reception is poor, unplugged perfectly fine. Thought I had tried with it removed before but obviously not.
Strange that it had been in there for several months with no problems, maybe an earthing problem.

That's happened to someone else I know, I've got to test & resolve for them too.