Next mods today!

AU11 ALS

Reaction score
After 5 hours of intensive cleaning yesterday I am now on my way to start 2 days of mods

Will update with pics as they are done!

Reactions: Keef and Point_Audi
First photo of the day....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427276829720850

Reactions: mike60e
Black mirrors? Nice :icon thumright:

Reactions: AU11 ALS
Looks very nice mate...is the car lowered?

Ok so first mod of the day complete... Had front tints replaced as wasn't happy with original job and colour of tint. Really happy with this job...

Second job of the day is laser wheel alignment using hunter kit now the coilovers have settled with a little camber on the rear to help with clearance when car loaded with family and luggage etc!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427287730220323

Last edited:
What spacers are you running, and why is the fog light cover missing?

Certainly needed the alignment doing...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427290784069525

Unfortunately one of the camber bolts is seized so need to get that sorted and come back... Grrrr

10mm front, 12mm rear H&Rs

You spotted one of the next mods! They are being painted gloss black, pick up later this afternoon

Very nice, look forward to seeing that, am debating whether to do my rear diffuser and fog covers gloss too.

Ok so first mod of the day complete... Had front tints replaced as wasn't happy with original job and colour of tint. Really happy with this job...

Second job of the day is laser wheel alignment using hunter kit now the coilovers have settled with a little camber on the rear to help with clearance when car loaded with family and luggage etc!

View attachment 54697

Looks smart mate, especially the black mirrors and new rear black badge.:kissmyrings:

your mods and car is looking sick mate

Looking forward to see this mod! ;)

A little update...

Was hoping I'd be able to take this back in the car in case wanted to put it back on at any point if we sold the car but don't think it's gonna fit!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427371711618551

First stage of custom pipe

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427371733306128

Still waiting for the rear diffuser to be returned from the body shop which is frustrating as likely to hold us up soon...

Finally the painted bits have arrived...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427383931201859

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427383948020722

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427383962577009

We can now progress the exhaust build....

Reactions: Point_Audi and Keef
very nice!
Whose doing the zorst work for you - someone local??

very nice!
Whose doing the zorst work for you - someone local??

Being done by DKU Exhausts in Wednesbury, recommended to me by Midlands Car Care. Seem to know their stuff, been really delayed though as waiting for the rear diffuser all day, it should have been back from the painter Tuesday morning....

Looking good, looking forward to more pics.

On the OEM exhaust just have them cut it in one place and use a sleeve clamp to connect up when returning to stock, that way it should fit in the car with rear seats down.

Looking good, looking forward to more pics.

On the OEM exhaust just have them cut it in one place and use a sleeve clamp to connect up when returning to stock, that way it should fit in the car with rear seats down.

Good tip, got the old one home fine today!

Looks awesome mate....

What was the £ to get your rear diffuser & mirrors done gloss black, looking to get mine done in the next week or two?

Cheers, Gaz.

Looks awesome mate....

What was the £ to get your rear diffuser & mirrors done gloss black, looking to get mine done in the next week or two?

Cheers, Gaz.

I paid for them with other bits but I think it was £80 for the rear diffuser and £40 per grill including smoothing etc so £160 all in. Top notch job too

Cheers for the prices.

Is the rear diffuser removal, a bumper off job?

Likewise with the mirror covers, I'll need to remove them & take the car away from the bodyshop due to work commitments. Can I drive around safely/legally with mirror covers fitted?

On a proper ramp rear valance can be removed with the bumper on but without its a bumper off to avoid damage and a lot of frustration.

Mirror covers are fairly simple to remove, and I can't see why it would be a problem to drive round without covers a few days

Cheers for the heads up,

I'll have a chat to my bodyshop tomorrow for a quote.

Cheers for the prices.

Is the rear diffuser removal, a bumper off job?

Likewise with the mirror covers, I'll need to remove them & take the car away from the bodyshop due to work commitments. Can I drive around safely/legally with mirror covers fitted?
The rear diffuser comes off very easily without removing the bumper, even without a lift.
Did mine recently, twice.
Start at the sides, and gently but firmly pull backwards.
Each of the little plastic tabs should pop out one by one.

Spoke to the body shop yesterday,

I've been quoted £200 for the rear diffuser & both mirror caps in gloss black, but this does involve taking the rear bumper off.

Tempted to get the bumper resprayed while it's off, as it's got a few chips & dinks in it. That'll be another £180 though.

Removed my display surround trim yesterday, looking at your pics, you've removed the black backing off yours prior to getting it painted, mine appears to be glued on & don't want to attempt to remove for fear of snapping it. How did you get yours off?

It is glued on so needed a little force snd then glueing back on

Spoke to the body shop yesterday,

I've been quoted £200 for the rear diffuser & both mirror caps in gloss black, but this does involve taking the rear bumper off.

Tempted to get the bumper resprayed while it's off, as it's got a few chips & dinks in it. That'll be another £180 though.

Does the £200 include the fog grills too?

Nope, just rear diffuser & both mirror covers in gloss black.

I think this price is slightly inflated, as the body shop states they will need to remove the rear bumper, to remove the diffuser.

FYI, I had the fog grills & lower splitter done in gloss black when I had my RS4 grill fitted last year.