service indicator

N17ELE

Reaction score
Hi
I have just serviced my 3.2 FSI and want to reset the indicator. After looking on web all I see is that it can only be done with a VAG tool. I have a Scanner that will go in the port for error reading, is this what people refer to ? The reader I have is only a cheep pro scan OBD11/EOBD. Will this allow me to reset the indicator ? and if so what is procedure ?

Thanks

Ok Thanks, Will main dealer reset it ? if so what would they charge. What is the VagCom unit? and what do they cost.
Thanks again

Be very careful with these hacked & cracked cables, they have been known to cause problems, I would avoid like the plague...

It would depend on the dealer some will and some won't, I would expect to pay about £70 +VAT (standard diagnostic scan cost) if they will do the job.

Heck ! It would have been cheaper to take car to Audi for the oil change

I've had my VCDS cable over 9 years and It's paid for it's self dozens of times, well worth the investment if you plan to keep with the VAG group. They also hold their money very well, and there life time email support included in the cost.

Reactions: PAULF and RoyC
I've had my VCDS cable over 9 years and It's paid for it's self dozens of times, well worth the investment if you plan to keep with the VAG group. They also hold their money very well, and there life time email support included in the cost.
A big + 1

You are paying for the programming on your PC, not just the cable.

You can have a little look at how it works with this interactive program. - http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/main_screen.html

Last edited:
Hi
I know that you pay for cost of equipment as well as time,
I have a local mechanic who has the equipment, he has plugged the reader in and gone for automatic interval ?
My screen on the car now reads 'The required data for the service interval display are not yet available' Is this correct ? will it recalibrate once I use the car or has he made an error ?
Thanks

Just found out that this is the standard message until the car has done around 4 to 500 miles giving the computer time to calibrate the service interval.

another dealer solution offered with launch x431, no offence

1. Go into the ‘Instrument Cluster’ system.
2. Select the ‘adaptation’ option and go into channel 42 and put in 150 as the number, if not already there.
3. Do the same for channel “43”.
4. Go into channel "41" , put the number as 0.
5. Go into channel "02" , put the number as 0.
6. Modify the internal reminder miles X in channel 42. This is the distance until the next service.
e.g. for changing the miles to “6000km”, X=(15000-6000)/100=90, you need to enter ‘90’.
7. Quit the diagnose software..