Turbo studs

goodbuzzman1

Reaction score
so some of you may of heard me whinging in the past. Last year I replaced my turbo and I dint get the studs with the new turbo. Before I realised this the engine was back in the car. I used bolts instead. About every week one of them comes loose or falls out completely. Enough was enough. Removing the drive shaft every couple of week to tighten the bottom one took its toll and yesterday this happened.....

OYG8rbN.jpg

I have ordered some studs and they are arriving tomorrow and I will stick them in. Before I do this, I need to know.. Should I apply anything to the studs and nuts before I install? I'd imagine thread lock etc wouldn't do much.. I don't ever want to have to go near this again

Studs don't come with most turbo's as they are a VAG part not turbo part so ideally ordered from dealer. Along with these copper nuts are needed with the washer. Nuts are slightly non round and grip tight when torqued up and wont come undone. . Get the nuts at least from the dealer.. studs are pretty generic..

I actually have the nuts that came off the original turbo.... I don't recall any washers though? Any particular kind?

i used the cosworth nuts with the slits around the top after i used none vag brass locking nuts and they undone after a week, wanted to be sure, been over a year now an solid!
never took off the drive shaft to get to em though, can reach in with the arch liner out..
$T2eC16V,!)cE9s4PtmuBBRyI08tRLQ~~60_35.JPG