a4 b7 bul 220bhp lack of power HELP please!

adamsewell

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
A4 B7 BUL S LINE 220BHP Standard.
Heres the issue,

Pulling up to a junction and the car juddered a sudden lack of power.
Put diagnostics on it and came up with air leak and boost faults, checked all boost pipes they are all fine, checked DV the diaphragm was split so replaced this. still nothing, boost pressure actuator I think? was not giving a 12v feed so I traced wires back to a relay under ECU which when manually operated gave 12v to actuator. Took vehicle for test drive like this but made no difference to power unable to find an accurate wiring diagram to pursue this avenue or maybe barking up the wrong tree? I've removed intake manifold to check gasket for possible air leak took injectors out and not sealing very well so replaced the seals on the nozzle. also took turbo off slight play in shaft and in waste gate shaft don't think enough to cause this problem. it does say the air mass is reading wrong on actual values but surely it should read wrong if there is no boost? could anybody shed any light?
Much appreciated.

hi and welcome, do you have any print outs from the diags etc which may assist further diagnosis of your problem.
You will find that more assistance will be along shortly from the resident guru's on this forum, maybe wise to speak with craig cull as he's a top man on these things.
good luck with it.

Hi mate, Thankyou.

I do have the print out but its in the car in the garage (I think) oops we have the bosch diagnostics KTS im in the process of putting the intake manifold back on and the turbo after I put it all back together im going to test run it to which I know it not make any difference and ordering a vacuum solenoid because I broke the tip like a **** or should I say getting frustrated but it might of been duff anyway then im going to put the diag on (bosch) and give my mate a ring with the vagcom.
but thanks for the luck I need it! or should I say the car will if it doesn't get fixed! :)

I have had a similar problem with mine recently, not so much as a massive power drop but there has been one, along with strange noises etc, diags came up with a malfunctioning n249 ,but turns out its more than that, some sort of issue with the turbo leaking somewhere and a whole new turbo is needed.

I'd be happy if it was the turbo because then id recondition it myself.