Tom's A6 issues.

Tom-Audi

Reaction score
Thanks, spot on. Seems like I have similar issues to you. I started in the nearside doot cubby hole where I has stashed a rag, soaking! Straight away I found the join at the top had come adrift, nice and easy. So I try the washer again and out of the corner of my eye see movement.... and foam is bubbling down from the A pillar behind the glove box! I'm assuming it is another joint which has come apart, but unfortunately not, a split pipe. It hadn't broken like in the picture, I did that pulling the ends apart.

Anyway, I haven't time to mend that today, I'm hoping my A4 will have similar pipe and I can rob that next week.

The car used to live surrounded by trees, and although the plenum chamber was dry, it was very grubby and I wanted to makes sure the drain holes under the battery weren't blocked.

So, the cover comes off, then the wipers which allow me to remove the scuttle panel. I took the pollen filter out, but couldn't get the surround out as the nuts were just slipping underneath - but I was able to clean around it ok. Battery out (yes I have the radio code....) and then the three nuts to remove the battery tray. The bungs were quite clear, but I took the right hand one out anyway.

Some APC and it looked a lot better.

Refit is the reverse of removal, and a wipe over. Another box ticked.

Today I was facing same issue after last night heavy rain... And it was leaking to inside under glove box too. When I took plastic cover off I could see half off battery was just in the water... So I have removed right hand side drain flow rubber, just under battery mounting, and left hand corner flow rubber, under master brake big cylinder... Cleaner all well, and I hope all will be good in the future...

Attachments

• 20150331_182508.jpg
    20150331_182508.jpg
    568.6 KB · Views: 170
Today I was facing same issue after last night heavy rain... And it was leaking to inside under glove box too. When I took plastic cover off I could see half off battery was just in the water... So I have removed right hand side drain flow rubber, just under battery mounting, and left hand corner flow rubber, under master brake big cylinder... Cleaner all well, and I hope all will be good in the future...
Quattrojames have u removed only 1 water flow rubber under the battery mounting? What have u done with that under master big brake cylinder, have u removed is well or just cleaned and left that one in there? The way them water flow rubbers are made, they are very easy to get blocked up, well all mine was fully blocked up... Now I wish I look in to it and remove them rubbers before it start to leak inside in the interior... :3sadwalk:

Thanks, spot on. Seems like I have similar issues to you. I started in the nearside doot cubby hole where I has stashed a rag, soaking! Straight away I found the join at the top had come adrift, nice and easy. So I try the washer again and out of the corner of my eye see movement.... and foam is bubbling down from the A pillar behind the glove box! I'm assuming it is another joint which has come apart, but unfortunately not, a split pipe. It hadn't broken like in the picture, I did that pulling the ends apart.

Anyway, I haven't time to mend that today, I'm hoping my A4 will have similar pipe and I can rob that next week.

The car used to live surrounded by trees, and although the plenum chamber was dry, it was very grubby and I wanted to makes sure the drain holes under the battery weren't blocked.

So, the cover comes off, then the wipers which allow me to remove the scuttle panel. I took the pollen filter out, but couldn't get the surround out as the nuts were just slipping underneath - but I was able to clean around it ok. Battery out (yes I have the radio code....) and then the three nuts to remove the battery tray. The bungs were quite clear, but I took the right hand one out anyway.

Some APC and it looked a lot better.

Refit is the reverse of removal, and a wipe over. Another box ticked.

James after u take them EVIL rubber drain out, do u have to take whole pollen filter? I mean a whole box unit? and clean it, also seal it properly with a normal household silicone waterproof sealant to make sure no chance for a water to enter in to the cabin inside?
Thank you.. Tom.

Split rear window wash plastic hose was damage at front passenger side and under rear left corner just under seat...
Had to take front passenger seat out, all plastic covers off, seat belt fitting, and lift carpet up, comfort unit was nice and dry...:o.k:
All carpet under, was soaking in screen wash, had to use it wet vacuum, and dry it for a few days after, to dry it up well...
When rear washer pipes was sealed, then another problem!!! :mad new:
Rear window motor started to leak, Original OEM was priced at 184£, not for my wallet size, so I went for 60£ from Europarts, even brand new one was leaking, I returned back to stores to get another one, and finally YES, another one was ok, no leaks...
Now rear window motor brand new, and its spray like a jet wash...
A lot stress, and hard work was needed to get it sorted out! 2 days of work...
Why Audi didn't use when manufacturing a car - proper strong, and good quality hose for a rear screen wash?!? :motz:
:audibash:

Attachments

• 20150401_171346.jpg
    20150401_171346.jpg
    627.1 KB · Views: 173
  • 20150401_171404.jpg
    20150401_171404.jpg
    649.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 20150401_171417.jpg
    20150401_171417.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 20150401_171434.jpg
    20150401_171434.jpg
    919 KB · Views: 138
  • 20150401_171458.jpg
    20150401_171458.jpg
    526.8 KB · Views: 168
@Tom-Audi

I've moved your posts with your questions in into a new thread rather than diluting my build thread :thumbs up:

James after u take them EVIL rubber drain out, do u have to take whole pollen filter? I mean a whole box unit? and clean it, also seal it properly with a normal household silicone waterproof sealant to make sure no chance for a water to enter in to the cabin inside?
Thank you.. Tom.

I didn't need to seal my pollen filter, I guess you could if you needed to or try to replace the seal at least.

I didn't need to seal my pollen filter, I guess you could if you needed to or try to replace the seal at least.
At the moment raining nearly every day here, so I am keeping my eye on pollen filter and seems ok so farr. Massive improvements when I took them 2 water drain rubbers out, no more leaks, and no more water storage...

At the moment raining nearly every day here, so I am keeping my eye on pollen filter and seems ok so farr. Massive improvements when I took them 2 water drain rubbers out, no more leaks, and no more water storage...
I had to clean allot debris near pollen filter, years after years car collected a lot leaves and like dark sand, and all this stuff just collecting on the right hand side on the pollen filter, and make harder for a water to found its way to the drain holes...