Are RS4 B7 Pedal / Foot Rest Covers a Straight Swap For B7 S Line Avant Pedals?

SDHA4SLine

Reaction score
Hi,

I suspect yes but wanted to check first, as per the title do rs4 pedals and foot rest bolt straight on in place of standard s line stuff.

More specifically do I remove old ones first or do they fit over top of originals
Thanks
Steve

Hi,

I suspect yes but wanted to check first, as per the title do rs4 pedals and foot rest bolt straight on in place of standard s line stuff.
Bit spooky this Steve! !!! No word of a lie i was just about to ask
Next time you're at the dealers (cos your there every week!!!!!) Could you price up a footrest for me please
I have the other three rs4 pedals but not the footrest. Yes you remove your original pedal covers and squeeze the fancy ones on. I presume the footrest is the same
Cheers mate
More specifically do I remove old ones first or do they fit over top of originals
Thanks
Steve

Ok will do, did you buy yours new? How much were they? I've found some new for sale but not sure if it's a good deal.

Edit, thanks for reply also

Ok got my own answer it's more expensive than main dealer price ****** ebay premiums again:mad:

do you have bottomless pockets mate;), i think you'll have one of the best spec'd a4 around very shortly at this rate of modding, all worth it though in the end.:cool::)

As far as ebay goes , its not the place to get a bargain anymore, everytime i want an item i can find it on ebay no problem , then i do a search across the web and allways find it a lot cheaper off ebay.
Classic example, our range cooker needs a new multifunction oven thermostat, went to rangemaster directly and its £19.00 + 4.99 del next day, ok i thought may be cheaper on fleabay, had a look found the indentical item for the grand sum of £39.99 +9.99 del , and, they stated they were the cheapest supplier on or offline, i dont think so:mad:.
one just needs to do a bit more searching to get the right results.

Your a4 is certainly coming along brill mate, fancy doing a swap for mine, plus a cash adjustment;)

do you have bottomless pockets mate;), i think you'll have one of the best spec'd a4 around very shortly at this rate of modding, all worth it though in the end.:cool::)

As far as ebay goes , its not the place to get a bargain anymore, everytime i want an item i can find it on ebay no problem , then i do a search across the web and allways find it a lot cheaper off ebay.
Classic example, our range cooker needs a new multifunction oven thermostat, went to rangemaster directly and its £19.00 + 4.99 del next day, ok i thought may be cheaper on fleabay, had a look found the indentical item for the grand sum of £39.99 +9.99 del , and, they stated they were the cheapest supplier on or offline, i dont think so:mad:.
one just needs to do a bit more searching to get the right results.

Your a4 is certainly coming along brill mate, fancy doing a swap for mine, plus a cash adjustment;)

I must admit I have the modifiying bug now. I am only looking at these as the black headliner is no longer happening.

As for bottomless pockets, It's all being funded by stuff I can sell, and I'm running out of stuff to sell!

good luck with it all, i must say though ,despite having the black headlinning etc and prefering it over the white/cream it does ahave a few down sides too, well for me that is.
1) it shows every mark known to mankind and (2) it can sometimes make the interior feel a bit confined ,with black seats,doorcards headlinning carpet dash etc etc and tinted glass is very , well best word is "black" if you follow me.

anyway, just me, i prefer it over white .

good luck with it all, i must say though ,despite having the black headlinning etc and prefering it over the white/cream it does ahave a few down sides too, well for me that is.
1) it shows every mark known to mankind and (2) it can sometimes make the interior feel a bit confined ,with black seats,doorcards headlinning carpet dash etc etc and tinted glass is very , well best word is "black" if you follow me.

anyway, just me, i prefer it over white .
I too prefer the black headliner, it's just the one I went to see was a little damaged :(

I assume thats a polite way of saying less than ideal .

nothing wrong with that mate, i'm that way too, except i'm now a fussy old git;)

Don't suppose you have a part number for the pedal I have the footrest already.
Cheers

Don't suppose you have a part number for the pedal I have the footrest already.
Cheers

RHD Pedal kit (without footrest) Pt. No. 8E2 064 200
Kit comprises of,
Clutch Pedal - 8E1 721 647
Brake Pedal - 8E2 721 989
Throttle Pedal - 8E2 721 891

Kit with footrest Pt. No. 8E2 064 205
Comprises the above numbers, plus
Footrest - 8E2 864 777 B 4P7

Got this from the tread below...
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/rs4-pedals-price.189610/

There is currently a pedal set at £18 on eBay but it's from seller in Germany so postage to think about on top. Will see if I can find it and post a link. Mind you the same guy is selling a set incl footrest which is more than dealer price:mad:

Excellent cheers for that still expensive for a set.of caps £55 hopefully dealers are cheaper than that and some ebay items are ridiculous now for prices.

£90 including foot rest, not sure about foot rest on its own yet

They've come down in price, they were £129 with the dead pedal from the dealers when I was looking to get mine.
I ended up buying some almost new ones from a member on here for £75.

That price is probably about right as the same seller (Huntingdon audi) has full set for £92 which is only £2 or £3 more than dealer quoted me today. Postage on top of that but worth it if you live miles away from a dealer

They've come down in price, they were £129 with the dead pedal from the dealers when I was looking to get mine.
I ended up buying some almost new ones from a member on here for £75.
Blimey absolute shocker then, RS4 bits coming down in price, whatever next :eek::eek::eek:

I shall be adding this to my affordable mods thread soon then :)

Here's a good example of ebay price inflation £145 for pedal set.

This seller always puts prices up I can't understand how anyone buys from them. They're the ones that are also selling rs4 grilles at as near as doesn't matter £700 :eek:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-RS4-Stainless-Steel-Pedal-Caps-Set-Footrest-RHD-Vehicles-Seat-Genuine-New/301451706358?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=29666&meid=7d721666554e4672a274f4e90808eadd&pid=100033&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=301451706358

And another example of ebay premium prices, £110 for a used set. Ha dream on buddy...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A4-R...217?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d2f750a01
I enquired about the start button from the car they are breaking quite a while ago, they are quite close so I thought I would be able to collect
They wanted double the price of a new one from the dealer, one of my limbs (my choice if I recall) and a go on my Mrs.. needless to say I didn't bother...

Reactions: SDHA4SLine
I enquired about the start button from the car they are breaking quite a while ago, they are quite close so I thought I would be able to collect
They wanted double the price of a new one from the dealer, one of my limbs (my choice if I recall) and a go on my Mrs.. needless to say I didn't bother...
Ha yeah I couldn't resist telling them that a brand new set from the dealer is cheaper than their second hand one. And they insist you call then no doubt so they can avoid ebay fee's :mad:

Ha yeah I couldn't resist telling them that a brand new set from the dealer is cheaper than their second hand one. And they insist you call then no doubt so they can avoid ebay fee's :mad:
Let us know if they reply, somehow I doubt it :laugh:

Resurrecting an old thread.

How hard are to fit? I've had a set I bought of eBay in my garage for ages and thought it about time to fit them.
Is it best to warm/lube them first, it will that just make things trickier?
The old ones can be cut off if needs be.