Tps.....

Bbflex

Reaction score
can you just walk in there now or is it still only trade? I know some you could get away with walking in but others where funny about it, if so how do I go about getting a cash account? What do they usually want from you?

Thanks.

Lol! It'll be a while till I can walk in there then, my a8 is happily spending all my cash at the moment, it's worse than the wife :audibash:

can you just walk in there now or is it still only trade? I know some you could get away with walking in but others where funny about it, if so how do I go about getting a cash account? What do they usually want from you?

Thanks.

Hi. TPS are open to the public and I have used both the Bristol and Swindon depots with no issues many a time.

I personally wouldn't turn up as they are not prepared for that. Call them with with the part numbers (if you don't have the part numbers you might find it quite hard work and they will be less inclined to help). They will then just order the part in.

Damaged a new 8V S3 alloy a few months ago....rang TPS that afternoon, it was in stock the next morning for me to collect. They happily robbed me of £650 inc VAT. This alloy as it's for a new car is super rare and therefore I could not get a discount.

If it's a retail sale they just add VAT to the invoice and it's marked as "cash sale". They don't open accounts or anything like that. I will add that when I went in to office in Swindon they had a white board on the wall with all their "targets". Trust me.....they want to sell you stuff.

Hope that helps :)

Our local Chadderton branch is great, I just ring them up give them the reg number (mostly the TT's) and collect the next day, can't fault em.

That's brilliant chaps, thanks, things have changed then as when I had my passat, tps where still quite strict with trade only and you were lucky to be able to use them without an account, are they giving decent discount over dealer prices even without an account? Obviously dependant on what you order.

Thanks again.

Reactions: Pulp84
That's brilliant chaps, thanks, things have changed then as when I had my passat, tps where still quite strict with trade only and you were lucky to be able to use them without an account, are they giving decent discount over dealer prices even without an account? Obviously dependant on what you order.

Thanks again.

Not sure how it works but when I bought a 18" rotor alloy and an A1 Xenon unit I got both 10% cheaper than what the best dealer price I could get (rang about 3 local to me). Initially they quoted the same price as the best dealer price. I then asked if that was the best they could do and magically they knocked a further amount off.

But, with my S3 alloy he noted there was only 3 in the UK so the price quoted was the best he could do. Guess supply and demand.....

Ok that's great thanks, I'm needing some chain tensioners and some injector seals and a few other small things, I may get a parts list together and see how I get on :)

Reactions: Pulp84