Air freshners

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Whilst watching itv's latest crime drama offering last night we kept getting a glimpse of the old traffic light air freshner, anyone old enough to remember these will remember everyone had one and you used to stick the pin in the back to release the smell, this got me thinking "what do people use today", I don't use anything in my cabin as I don't want anything dangling off my mirror or hanging from my air vents so what do YOU use?

Yep i remember those!

I have 2 magic trees hanging off the rear handles above the doors. Sometimes use the scented pot type in the centre console.

I use spray bottles.
Picture as follow.
0825ro.jpg

My father-inlaw sells them.
And I keep the bottle in the glove box. Spray once a week. Nice smell.
Also don't like stuff hanging on the mirror.

Reactions: mattyboyc
I've got an Oder eliminator spray like above and a calinfornia cherry

California scent golden state delight smells just like juicy fruit chewing gum

I use two jelly belly blueberry and ad spray in different sents

HA yeah i do,with the gold chain! i use a combo...black trees and Jelly bean cheery when the trees loose smell.

Auto Glym odour eliminator for me, i dont like type that hang off the mirror or take up most of an air vent either

The traffic lights were awesome "feur Orange" or something?

I find most of the hanging type air freshners these days only last a few days, and the jelly bean ones have gone poor since first released when the scent seemed to last ages.

I use the little tons now with sliding vent kid as they last.

Little tins....sell them in Halfords forget the brand

Recieved my little tin of California cherry and stuck it on the plastic cover that hides the electrical connector under the passenger seat with self adhesive Velcro, nice and discrete and a better odour thsn before.

Yes i saw it, can't remember the last time i saw one of those.

I have a new car smell magic tree dangling from the handle above the rear door. I get the occasional waft from it when my window is open.

R0013625Small.jpg

feu orange were the best, bring them back!
I have a little febreeze square in the vent, works ok.
Favorite was a gliptone leather smelly, lasted well, not too synthetic but quite expensive.

I also remember the "Feu Orange", my dad always bought them to stick the in old Cortina haha

Wildberries (Purple Foot) for me in the car, and New car scent magic tree in the van

Had the california scents a few years ago before they became popular and they lasted ages as in 2-3 months

They seem to have shortened the life of them now though, lucky to get 3 weeks out of one for some reason

Reactions: WelshBoa
Best one I used to have was shaped like a base ball trainer it lasted for weeks not seem one to buy for ages now

Best one for me by far is 'Magic tree - Black Ice' love the smell!

They all smell like dog ****, I just keep the upholstery shampoo'd and air freshen with that Autoglym stuff

They all smell like dog ****, I just keep the upholstery shampoo'd and air freshen with that Autoglym stuff

Probably eventually, but you cant beat that fresh 'out the box' smell.

Upholstery Shampoo?! Now we're talking!:icon thumright: