Cab Door Latch Problems MOT!!! :(

Chris88

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I seem to have a problem with my drivers door latch now. Maybe started from the cold weather. I have not yet had time to remove the door card and investigate further. I have done a quick video just to show what is happening as the door will open but before I close it I have to manually retract the latch with the door handle in the open position before I can close it. Once the door is closed, it locks and unlocks fine and then opens just fine again. But the latch doesn't retract all the way to the open position ready to be closed again.

My MOT is due in two weeks, I don't know if this will cause me any problems I would like to get sorted even if not. I don't half get some funny looks when trying to close the car.. I may as well wear a stripy jumper and carry a screw driver.

I will put the video on so you can see just what is happening but please excuse the poor quality. It was a 10 min job this morning. Any help would be much appropriated.

Thanks guy and happy motoring

Mine did this. I lubed it all up with gt85 and it worked....for a week. Then did it again. Ordered the door latch/catch/locking mechanism and 20 mins to change and done. Works perfect now.

Mine did this. I lubed it all up with gt85 and it worked....for a week. Then did it again. Ordered the door latch/catch/locking mechanism and 20 mins to change and done. Works perfect now.

Thanks for your reply, I will give it a good lubing and get one on order. was it much effort after you got past the door card?

No it's fairly straight forward. I done it while ago while I had the door card off sound proofing the doors and fitting different speakers so done at same. I can't even remember what I paid for part now.

Never seen not tester look at door locks so you should be ok